PDA

View Full Version : Start a Walk Behind

Landscape89
02-03-2005, 08:12 PM
Hi, I'm new to Commercial walk behind mowers. Can anyone tell me the steps on how to properly start both an electric and recoil mower?
Thanks

KINGjosh
02-03-2005, 08:13 PM
Just like you start any other mower. if its cold use the choke , if its hot just ctrank it up. common sense

Eddie B
02-03-2005, 08:18 PM
make sure there's gas in it too.

Tharrell
02-03-2005, 08:25 PM
Make sure the fuel is turned on. Silly I know but I have a reminder next to my key.

Eddie B
02-03-2005, 08:28 PM
If it's old make sure it's not in gear and the brake is on... learned that the hard way on the ol' bobcat. (running down the street chasing after your mower is not fun)

Turf Medic
02-03-2005, 08:33 PM
Make sure your feet aren't under the deck :D

KINGjosh
02-03-2005, 08:35 PM
make sure you are fully awake in the morning while your pulling this rope

Mark McC
02-03-2005, 08:59 PM
First, plant your feet flatly and firmly on the ground.

Then settle into your knees just a little, not quite as deep as a baseball infielder.

Take a deep breath and clear your head of any mental distractions.

Extend both hands forward in the direction of the pull starter.

Then, after one of us gives you a swift kick in the pants, use your hands to CATCH YOURSELF BEFORE YOUR HEAD HITS THE MOWER!

After you pick yourself up, consult the owner's manual for directions on starting the mower.

KINGjosh
02-03-2005, 09:01 PM
First, plant your feet flatly and firmly on the ground.

Then settle into your knees just a little, not quite as deep as a baseball infielder.

Take a deep breath and clear your head of any mental distractions.

Extend both hands forward in the direction of the pull starter.

Then, after one of us gives you a swift kick in the pants, use your hands to CATCH YOURSELF BEFORE YOUR HEAD HITS THE MOWER!

After you pick yourself up, consult the owner's manual for directions on starting the mower.

HHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAAA

lwcmattlifter
02-03-2005, 09:18 PM
HAHAHAH now that we have the procedure for recoil start.....I can't for the process for electric start? Is there a proper stance for turning the key?

lwcmattlifter
02-03-2005, 10:05 PM
oops, forgot to add wait

mkwl
02-03-2005, 10:08 PM
A complete list of steps:
Fill tank with gas and check oil level.
Be sure mower is not in gear, PTO is off and brake is engaged.
Put throttle to full and choke if needed.
Put one hand on one of the handle bars and the other on the starter rope.
Pull on rope until resistsnce is felt, then pull rapidly.
Depending on how strong you are, it may take a few pulls to get your engine started. (I can get the 15 HP Kawi engine on my Bob-Cat WB started in one pull) I love my Bob-Cat!!!
When engine is started, back off choke.
Put the mower in gear and off you go!
For an electric start, same steps except insted of pulling starter rope, turn key.

PLM-1
02-03-2005, 11:30 PM
A complete list of steps:
Fill tank with gas and check oil level.
Be sure mower is not in gear, PTO is off and brake is engaged.
Put throttle to full and choke if needed.
Put one hand on one of the handle bars and the other on the starter rope.
Pull on rope until resistsnce is felt, then pull rapidly.
Depending on how strong you are, it may take a few pulls to get your engine started. (I can get the 15 HP Kawi engine on my Bob-Cat WB started in one pull) I love my Bob-Cat!!!
When engine is started, back off choke.
Put the mower in gear and off you go!
For an electric start, same steps except insted of pulling starter rope, turn key.

Good description. I think everyone would really be surprised with how many people can't start things. Especially trimmers and blowers!

ChadA
02-04-2005, 01:08 AM
make sure there's gas in it too.

That usually helps.

Mark McC
02-04-2005, 07:59 AM
HAHAHAH now that we have the procedure for recoil start.....I can't for the process for electric start? Is there a proper stance for turning the key?

Do you really want me to go there?

PMLAWN
02-04-2005, 08:03 AM
Mark, Can you tell me what to do when the extension cord will not reach all the way to the back of the yard?

Mark McC
02-04-2005, 08:04 AM
Mark, Can you tell me what to do when the extension cord will not reach all the way to the back of the yard?

Buy another cord?

plateau lawn care
02-04-2005, 08:18 AM
YALL FORGOT ON MOST NEW ONES YOU HAVE TO TURN THE KEY ON :blob3: FIRST