PDA

View Full Version : Shindaiwa's new trimmerhead

alpine692003
02-03-2005, 09:45 PM
Hey,

any of you guys demo'ed Shindaiwa's new speedfeeder grass trimmer head? I started playing around with this one, which I got from my dealer.

I will find out how it works on Saturday, but I can see a few problems with this already..

1) It takes me a few secs to get the trimmer line from one eyelet to the exit the other, because it gets tangled up in the head.

2) I can see parts breaking, lol..

But I like this idea, if it works out great I will be getting 3 more..

TClawn
02-03-2005, 09:48 PM
pm me when you use it. I really want to know how good this thing works. my dealer doesn't have any yet (:( ) but he should be getting some in by late february. only thing is that I feel that I'm being ripped. $50 bucks for a trimmer head?

alpine692003
02-03-2005, 09:51 PM
$42 CDN over here, well $50 inc. 14% tax..

Yah, I'm playing around with this trimmer head right now..

Seems pretty good, takes the loading time of the line quicker...

Its more efficient, because if you drop it you dont have to wind/unwind it again..

Once its fed through the eyelet, you're set to go!

I'll see how it works out on Saturday..

Shadetree Ltd
02-04-2005, 03:33 AM
Alpine,

Who is your dealer? I have heard good things abouth the head but not from true field guys. The Shindaiwa rep sure was proud of them.

Scott

DennisF
02-04-2005, 10:07 AM
Take this part number to a Stihl Dealer 4125-713-6605. It's an adapter that will allow you to install a Stihl 25-2 Autocut trimmer head on to your Shindaiwa. The Stihl head is better than anything out there right now. It's nearly indestructible and easy to reload. JMO.

alpine692003
02-04-2005, 12:25 PM
Alpine,

Who is your dealer? I have heard good things abouth the head but not from true field guys. The Shindaiwa rep sure was proud of them.

Scott

Scott, it's John from A1 All Points Sales and Service in New West..

If you talk to him, just say Kevin sent you..

alpine692003
02-06-2005, 11:51 PM
Wow, I demo'ed this speedfeeder on Saturday..

Impressive head.. Took a few secs to load the line into the eyelets because we had to line them up, then you use it like you woul with any other trimmerhead.

When we needed more line, just tap and go like any other regular head.

I'll be using it more this week and I'll how it goes..

;)

TClawn
02-06-2005, 11:52 PM
have you noticed that there was a vibration decrease compared to a normal bump head?

alpine692003
02-07-2005, 12:26 AM
Not really, seems fine to me..

Richard Martin
02-07-2005, 06:18 AM
The "new" Shindaiwa head is anything but new. I've been using it for years now. It's made by a company called Veri and has been available for quite a few years now at www.landscapersupply.com. It is also the same head that is standard on Echo trimmers and the parts interchange.

gogetter
02-07-2005, 06:31 AM
The "new" Shindaiwa head is anything but new. I've been using it for years now. It's made by a company called Veri and has been available for quite a few years now at www.landscapersupply.com. It is also the same head that is standard on Echo trimmers and the parts interchange.

Richard, I get that catalog, but I don't see anything in the catalog, or on their site that looks like the thing Shindaiwa has.
Have a more specific link we could check out?

Richard Martin
02-07-2005, 06:39 AM
Okay, I was at my Shindaiwa dealer Friday and they had a "new" Shindaiwa head. It looks identical to this one except it has a stud/bolt sticking out of it (this particular one doesn't but they do come with them) and it doesn't say Veri.

gogetter
02-07-2005, 07:14 AM
Richard, the one alpine is talking about (I forget Shindaiwas actual name for it, Speed Wind or something like that), is able to be loaded with string without having to taking it apart.

It's on the front page of their site (last time I was there).
You insert the string through one eyelet and out the other. Then pull the string through until you have equal lengths. Then just turn the knob and it winds itself. Nothing to take about or put back together again. Kinda cool (as long as it holds up).

gogetter
02-07-2005, 07:27 AM
Ok, here is the Speed Feed on Shindaiwas site:

http://www.shindaiwa.com/spotlight/speedFeed.html

There's even a video, but I haven't watched it yet.

beransfixitinc
02-07-2005, 11:01 AM

More people moving their fingers before they move their eyes......

nitrotim
02-07-2005, 12:12 PM
I've got the new sped feed head on my 231. Very easy to load and it feeds nice also. I would recommend it.

alpine692003
02-07-2005, 12:14 PM

Oh my god, thats' teh funniest thing I've heard hahah :D :D

Richard Martin
02-07-2005, 04:02 PM

I guess you would just have to come to my local Shindaiwa dealer and see the head for yourself smart guy. It is identical (like I said) to the picture I posted.

Oh, could it be that Shindaiwa released 2 new heads at the same time?

beransfixitinc
02-07-2005, 04:21 PM
I guess you would just have to come to my local Shindaiwa dealer and see the head for yourself smart guy. It is identical (like I said) to the picture I posted.

Oh, could it be that Shindaiwa released 2 new heads at the same time?

Why the heck should I go to your Shindaiwa dealer? We ARE a Shindaiwa dealer, and just installed one of the new Speed Feed heads on a unit a few days ago. There is no actual button on the bump head.

Maybe YOU should go to http://www.shindaiwa.com/spotlight/speedFeed.html and look at that picture, and tell me how it looks identical to the picture that you posted.

Maybe YOUR dealer JUST got that head in, so, to him it is new.

The Speed-Feed head from Shindaiwa was just recently released.

Here, I will even attach a PDF of the sell sheet for you to look at.

Richard Martin
02-07-2005, 06:03 PM
Maybe YOU should go to http://www.shindaiwa.com/spotlight/speedFeed.html and look at that picture, and tell me how it looks identical to the picture that you posted.

Maybe YOUR dealer JUST got that head in, so, to him it is new.

I watched the demo this morning and I do agree that the head is different than the new one that I saw. That doesn't change the fact that the new Shindaiwa head that I saw is identical to the pic that I posted. There is a little bit of a mixup of which new head we are all talking about here.

beransfixitinc
02-07-2005, 10:23 PM
I watched the demo this morning and I do agree that the head is different than the new one that I saw. That doesn't change the fact that the new Shindaiwa head that I saw is identical to the pic that I posted. There is a little bit of a mixup of which new head we are all talking about here.

Well, when you find a part number for the one you are talking about, please let me know the number. The only head that looks like the one you posted a picture of (where the spool and bump head are like molded onto each other) has been in the Shindaiwa trimmer head guide for at least a year or more. But I will be the bigger person here and admit that there may be a new head.. maybe something that wasn't released around here.

Richard Martin
02-08-2005, 06:08 AM
The only head that looks like the one you posted a picture of (where the spool and bump head are like molded onto each other) has been in the Shindaiwa trimmer head guide for at least a year or more.

It would seem that my dealer is a little slow on the "Gitty Up". Although the head that I was talking about is not new to you guys it is new to my dealer. They just got it in about a month ago. When we asked yesterday about the new Speed Feeder they told us it didn't exist. We insisted and they poked at their computer some more and found it. "Well looky there, there is a Speed Feeder head."

weve
02-08-2005, 07:40 AM
My area Shindaiwa rep told me about this new head late last fall but I have not seen it. It is P/N 28820-08000. It is on their website.

http://www.shindaiwa.com/spotlight/speedFeed.html

gogetter
02-08-2005, 08:40 AM
It would seem that my dealer is a little slow on the "Gitty Up".

You're not alone Rich! On more then one occasion I've gone to various local dealers to inquire about something I've either seen here at LS, or in one of the trade magazines, and they had no idea what I was talking about.

Richard Martin
02-08-2005, 09:50 AM
You're not alone Rich! On more then one occasion I've gone to various local dealers to inquire about something I've either seen here at LS, or in one of the trade magazines, and they had no idea what I was talking about.

Well apparently my dealer and LS let me down this time. I don't recall anyone here at LS mentioning the head that I was talking about when it came out. :blob3:

COLLINSVILLE
02-08-2005, 09:57 AM
Get yourself one of these. You will love it. And it will fit other trimmers. mark

beransfixitinc
02-08-2005, 11:05 AM
Well apparently my dealer and LS let me down this time. I don't recall anyone here at LS mentioning the head that I was talking about when it came out. :blob3:

Well, I don't remember there being a big hoopla about it. I mean it was already on the Echos and Husqvarnas and other versions (brands) were already around. AKAIK Shindaiwa has a patent on the Speed Feed head.

alpine692003
02-08-2005, 12:17 PM
I love this new trimmerhead guys,

1) It really loads fast, the trick is to line up the arrows with the eyelets, feed the line through the eyelet from point a through point b.

2) then turn clockwise and away you go!

3) When you are using it, and trimming and you need more line, just tap and go like the others!