PDA

View Full Version : sales tax

DR Lawn & Landscape
02-03-2005, 09:10 PM
Well i have not been on in a while was out during off season having back surgeory. but maiking a come back. Question is this how many of you guys in the business are charging local and state sales tax? One of my comm accts rec. and audit, and in return the local field audit office here in AR. called me up and invited me to their office. where they explained to me all mowing and landscaping are now taxable in the state of AR. I paid my fines and back sale s taxes and no am reporting to the sales tax division on a regular basis.

After investigating this a little further, I was told by a friend of mines fiancee who just so happens to work a tax office in diff town than mine that by end of 06 there will not be any type of service or sale that will not have a sales tax on it in the state of AR. I got one of my first updates for the year of 05 from the state while i was in the hospital and there were 11 new additions to the taxable list for this year. :angry: :angry: What happened to the good old days when we were all mowing with a push mower and didnt know what the word tax was.