PDA

View Full Version : Spittin' seeds while you're mowing....

JimLewis
02-04-2005, 01:51 AM
Anyone other than me addicted to Sunflower seeds?

I tell ya, on a hot day there ain't nothin' better to pass the time when you're mowing or working like having a cheek full of seeds to work on.

That's good stuff.

ChadA
02-04-2005, 01:54 AM
I love em myself. Only thing is after an hour or so my mouth gets kinda sore. Must be the salt. That hasn't stopped me yet. Keep spittin.

Grass Busters Inc.
02-04-2005, 02:18 AM
They are great but make you so so thirsty!!

JKOOPERS
02-04-2005, 02:37 AM
i just use skoal alot easier

walker-talker
02-04-2005, 05:27 AM
i just use skoal alot easierI know they're both bad habits, but I smoke when I am in the truck or house and when I get outside I love a good 'ol dip.

Gmgbo
02-04-2005, 08:35 AM
cherry skoal :alien:

dobehap
02-04-2005, 09:25 AM
Anyone other than me addicted to Sunflower seeds?

I tell ya, on a hot day there ain't nothin' better to pass the time when you're mowing or working like having a cheek full of seeds to work on.

That's good stuff.

Here in the USA you see 1 in 1000 spitting those things. Back in Europe, 999 out of 1000 spitted them.

It was very common for a solo businessman to be engaged in selling those seeds, and make big bucks on it.

American seeds taste discusting imo, you need to find an european store, and buy some professionally prepared sunflower seeds.

The bad thing is, when you start, you cant stop until they are all gone.

The only time I make it an effort to buy some, is when I do long distance driving, they keep me from falling asleep behind the wheel.
Otherwise, I try to stay away from them, as they are addicting.

the scaper
02-04-2005, 10:22 AM
Copenhagen long cut.

rodfather
02-04-2005, 10:26 AM
One of my guys Jim eats those damn things all day long...dunno how he does it :dizzy:

treemeat
02-04-2005, 10:43 AM
I had to start rinsing the excess salt off cause I eat like a pound a week.:pumpkin:

brinlee lawn
02-04-2005, 10:44 AM
I love the jalepeno seeds they are my favorite, I eat about a bag a day when I am mowing.

impactlandscaping
02-04-2005, 10:53 AM
Jim, my brother must own stock in David sunflower seed company...lol..He eats them constantly , every day...even in my trucks :realmad: lol

GreenMonster
02-04-2005, 11:03 AM
OMG, Jim, they're a staple for me. I have to take the b/p blower to the truck once a week or so to clean the shells out :D

Toss those David's though. Planters are best.

mowerman111
02-04-2005, 11:07 AM
Toss those David's though. Planters are best.[/QUOTE]

I agree!!!

proenterprises
02-04-2005, 11:17 AM
i do like them, david bbq are the best.

packerbacker
02-04-2005, 11:20 AM
I chewed Kodiak since i was 12 years old and i quit 2 months ago after 18 years when pre cancerous spots showed up on my gums and tounge. I was chewing about a can every 2 days. Its a bad habit that can and will kill you. Chew gum.

JKOOPERS
02-04-2005, 12:02 PM
damn i normally go through 2 cans a day

Lux Lawn
02-04-2005, 12:08 PM
I also smoke so the seeds give me a nice brake from the cigarettes.There are days when I will go through almost a bag of seeds then come home and watch a baseball game and have the taste for them all over again.

JimLewis
02-04-2005, 01:01 PM
I know they're both bad habits, but I smoke when I am in the truck or house and when I get outside I love a good 'ol dip.

Ummm.... a bad habbit is like biting your finger nails, farting in public, interrupting others, talking with your mouth full, cracking your knuckles, etc.....

Smoking and chewing goes beyond the bad habbit category right smack dab into the "stupid, destructive, life threatening Habbit" category.

Sorry, no offense. :D

proenterprises
02-04-2005, 02:17 PM
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=94716

for all of you guys that dip-read what i posted on that thread. just look at that link with the pics of the effects of what you are doing to yourselves...still want to dip?

packerbacker
02-04-2005, 02:47 PM
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=94716

for all of you guys that dip-read what i posted on that thread. just look at that link with the pics of the effects of what you are doing to yourselves...still want to dip?

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!

the scaper
02-04-2005, 04:58 PM
Oh shut up and go eat your double quarter pounder with cheese and biggie fries :rolleyes: :D

lawnwizards
02-04-2005, 05:29 PM
i do the seeds too. also love the beef jerkey. went out and bought a slicer and dehydrator. i make my own now, much cheaper and better. i have a great recipe if you all want it. just let me know and i'll post it later... :)

mownredneck
02-04-2005, 05:29 PM
Nothin better than a handfull of bar-b-q flavor David sunflowers while u work!

mownredneck
02-04-2005, 05:33 PM
i do the seeds too. also love the beef jerkey. went out and bought a slicer and dehydrator. i make my own now, much cheaper and better. i have a great recipe if you all want it. just let me know and i'll post it later... :)

Ill take one!

lawnwizards
02-04-2005, 05:40 PM
Ill take one!

1-2 lbs top or bottom round
1/2 tsp season salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp Liquid Smoke
1/4 cup worchestershire sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce

mix all the ingredients together and marinate 10 to 12 hours. for an added kick buy some peppercorns and crush them with a butcher knife and sprinkle on top of your meat when you dehydrate them. Dehydrate atleast 12 hours.

KathysLGC
02-04-2005, 05:41 PM
How the heck can you eat a mouth full of seeds?!!! i need to eat them one by one.

lawnwizards
02-04-2005, 05:44 PM
How the heck can you eat a mouth full of seeds?!!! i need to eat them one by one.we all have big mouths around here.... :p

JimLewis
02-04-2005, 05:44 PM

You make your own jerkey? Sweet!!!

I require 3 lbs. of it. So do you need my address to send it to? I'll pay you via paypal. :D

KathysLGC
02-04-2005, 05:46 PM
we all have big mouths around here.... :p

LoL so i noticed....

lawnwizards
02-04-2005, 05:50 PM
You make your own jerkey? Sweet!!!

I require 3 lbs. of it. So do you need my address to send it to? I'll pay you via paypal. :Di'd love to send you some but i can't keep enough around here as it is already. i make around 2 pounds a day and its gone within 2 hours. try my recipe that i posted. if you don't have a dehydrator you can use your oven, just leave the door cracked and i think its 200 degrees. also cut your beef 1/4" thick. hope this helps :waving:

mownredneck
02-04-2005, 05:50 PM
1-2 lbs top or bottom round
1/2 tsp season salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp Liquid Smoke
1/4 cup worchestershire sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce

mix all the ingredients together and marinate 10 to 12 hours. for an added kick buy some peppercorns and crush them with a butcher knife and sprinkle on top of your meat when you dehydrate them. Dehydrate atleast 12 hours.

I wonder if that would make good deer jerky?

lawnwizards
02-04-2005, 05:52 PM
I wonder if that would make good deer jerky?may have to marinate it a little longer, but i don't see why it wouldn't work.

gogetter
02-04-2005, 08:09 PM
I'm a jerky freak myself. But I'm too lazy to make it, so I just buy it by the pound. I prefer sweeter stuff rather then hot or salty. So I always get Teriyaki.

If anyone wants a contact for a company that makes GREAT jerky with affordable prices and super fast shipping let me know. They are based in PA, but ship anywhere.

Besides their Teriyaki, I also love their Sweet & Spicy, and their BBQ flavor. MMmmm!
They have original or "Old Country" as they call it, for a more classic salty type.
And a Hot and Spicy, which I haven't tried. Sounds too hot for me.

P.S. Oops, I just realized this is in the Commercial Forum, I thought it was the Off Topic. Well, Jim did say "while mowing" LOL!
By the way Jim, I thought you just sat in an office all day! Since when are you out mowing? LOL!

Flex-Deck
02-04-2005, 08:27 PM
My wife and I consume about 6 deer a year, and to make it interesting, we do the following.

1. Shoot the deer - this is a real basic beginning to the enjoyment of deer jerky or aged steaks, roasts, etc.

2. Field dress - then hang (with hide on) with head down for 2 weeks in a controled temperature room ( 40 degrees).

3. FOR ALL CONSUMABLE MEAT OFF DEER - YOU MUST NOT SAW THRU BONES. (BONE MARROW STINKS AND TASTES TERRIBLE)

4. Cut all FAT and FACIA off meat of the deer, and remove meat from bone. DO NOT LET ANYONE USE A MEAT SAW!!!!!!! VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!

5. For hamberger, grind the meat that has been deboned. When grilling on BBQ mix 4 lbs. deer meat with 1 lb. lean beef just so the meat sticks together enough to make patties.

6. For Venison steaks, cut cross grain on the hind quarter large muscles you get with the deboning.

7. Jerky - mix with any of the commercial mixes. (Take muscle chuncks from front quarter, and where ever else you want, and slice with an electric slicer 1/8 inch thick. marinate to directions of spices. Put in a good dehydrator - 155 degree minimum heat - I rcommend the garden master (about $200) that holds or does up to 30 trays - Leave in the dehydrator at 155 degrees for 8 hrs. then turn to 135 degrees for 10 hrs. ) You will have what I call Jerky Chips) crispy, but after chewing for a few seconds, it becomes real good.

thanks brad

tinman
02-07-2005, 11:52 PM
I like em, but one time I must have ate too many & the salt must have gave me a headache... not fun. BBQ flavored ones are good too.