PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide on my logo

BladeRunner1967
02-04-2005, 08:21 AM
Guys I need advice from the experts. I have learned so much just reading the posts. Thanks. Please go to thread and post back here which logo you like and which logo you think is best for the lawn care business. I am just part time, but plan to go full time in a couple of years. Thanks.

http://www.designoutpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6519

J Hisch
02-04-2005, 09:21 AM
my vote would be # 9 all the way. Reasons are simple, 1. It can be used for your shirts, hats, trucks, letterhead everything with no design problems. It also looks the most professional.

cklands
02-04-2005, 09:50 AM
I agree with the post #9. THe most professional look.

timturf
02-04-2005, 09:51 AM
my vote would be # 9 all the way. Reasons are simple, 1. It can be used for your shirts, hats, trucks, letterhead everything with no design problems. It also looks the most professional.

I also Agree

walker-talker
02-04-2005, 10:05 AM
My vote goes for #9 also. Keeping it two color is a good idea also. Less expensive when you get ready to start putting things into print. Very clean logo, I must add.

ritchiem
02-04-2005, 10:11 AM
#9 all the way. Unless you cut your lawn in a full suit of armor.

tonygreek
02-04-2005, 10:49 AM
#9 without a doubt. one of the ironic things is that designers should be able to crank out some interesting work if there's a distinctive name (blade runners vs. bob's lawn mowing service). for the first time, i'm dissappointed in the design work over there. i really like #9, but everything else seems like there was little thought or effort put into them. the chrome-look logo (#10) actually makes no sense whatsoever for any flat color process printing. only thing i can think of is that the $100 price is lower than usual out there and people may not have wanted to put much effort into it when they could focus on the higher paying gigs since they are all freelancing.

tony

BladeRunner1967
02-04-2005, 12:20 PM
Thanks for you input guys. I was thinking the same thing. Tony, you are right. I didn't realize I should have offered more.

Green-Pro
02-04-2005, 02:29 PM
I'd go with #9, this designer is the one I ended up choosing out of all that were working on my logo. I checked out work from ezeiy as well as others in the archives forum and really for me ezeiy's work seemed to stand out agood deal more. I chose mine for the exact same reasons others mentioned here, the design was simply hands down much more professional looking.

Go with ezeiy's design, you will not be sorry. I know I'm not.

-Geoff

txcamper
02-04-2005, 03:39 PM
My vote is #15 (#9 updated), like the split in the name. Pretty much the only one with a thought of lawn care.

Team Gopher
02-04-2005, 03:59 PM
Hi BladeRunner1967,

I really like these.

http://www.designoutpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30385&stc=1

walker-talker
02-04-2005, 04:14 PM
I think I would still stick with #9 vs #15. If you ever do yard signs or anything else you have to read at a glance, the #9 is easier to read. The only thing I don't like about the whole name/logo....will this limit you to mowing only....or lawncare only? Do you have plans on getting into landscaping? It's just a thought and might not limit your services at all.

RHayden
02-05-2005, 02:12 AM
#9 no doubt about it. Walker-Talker makes an excellent point about being limited in the future.

BladeRunner1967
02-05-2005, 09:56 AM
I do not plan on doing any major landscaping jobs for a couple of years. I am studying to get my fert liscence now so I can offer that as well. I think "lawn care" will do. Hey Carl just put in a logo that looks pretty good. What do you think?