PDA

View Full Version : Turf Magazine

Carolina Cutter
02-04-2005, 10:46 AM
Is that our Cutting Edge Lawn Care featured in this months issue of Turf? If so....congrats!

FrankenScagMachines
02-04-2005, 10:58 AM
Are you referring to me? I have not gotten this month's Turf yet, and I did not know if I was scheduled to be in it.... Must be one of my imitators :p

FrankenScagMachines
02-04-2005, 11:01 AM
BTW, Yes I Do own Cutting Edge Lawn Care in Columbus, IN :waving:
http://www.CuttingEdgeLawnCare.biz

tiedeman
02-04-2005, 12:27 PM
what page are you talking about?

edward hedrick
02-04-2005, 10:26 PM
Turf had Cutting Edge Landscape services as feature. Ed

Carolina Cutter
02-04-2005, 10:54 PM
Are you referring to me? I have not gotten this month's Turf yet, and I did not know if I was scheduled to be in it.... Must be one of my imitators :p

It talks about how do you market your services and shows some doorhangers and then later in the issue it talks about newsletters and Cutting Edge is all over both articles.

MMLawn
02-04-2005, 11:13 PM
It talks about how do you market your services and shows some doorhangers and then later in the issue it talks about newsletters and Cutting Edge is all over both articles.

WRONG Magazine there Merlin. That was in the current PRO magazine not TURF.

and No Eric it wasn't about you. It is a company in TX.

gogetter
02-04-2005, 11:33 PM
Yeah that was PRO. I ripped out a page on the marketing section (I like the 'reminder of other services' they send out).

I have a file of ripped out pages of things that I like, and want to keep around for future reference.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that guy's a member here.
It is kinda cool when you open one of the trade mags and see an article on or by one of the LS members. Not enough of that though.
It's usually large million dollar companies, which is kinda strange because anytime you read any of the survey results or state of the industry reports in any of the magazines, they always show that the majority of the companies are smaller, under $250,000 companies. So why are all the articles on the few big million dollar companies?????

By the way, this is one of the reasons why I like to read Walker Talker magazine even though I don't own a Walker! Their articles are usually on smaller companies, from solo operations to one or two employees. I find those type of articles much more inspiring because I can relate to them better.

ed2hess
02-04-2005, 11:33 PM
We have a cutting edge in Austin....they run about 5 or 6 crews. They were in business many years but expanded 3 or 4 years ago.

MMLawn
02-04-2005, 11:35 PM
We have a cutting edge in Austin....they run about 5 or 6 crews. They were in business many years but expanded 3 or 4 years ago.

That's the one the article was on. A "Jerry" dude I believe.

Carolina Cutter
02-05-2005, 12:38 PM
WRONG Magazine there Merlin. That was in the current PRO magazine not TURF.

and No Eric it wasn't about you. It is a company in TX.

Yep...you are right.....I get so many of the dam things I just got my memory jumbled. Thanks for the correction