PDA

View Full Version : contact bids in iowa

metiernan
02-04-2005, 05:39 PM
I was wondering if anyone new of any upcoming contract bids in cetral iowa for this summer.

yrdandgardenhandyman
02-22-2005, 08:29 PM
The Iowa National Guard Armories are taking bids till March 15.
I'm NE of you in Marshalltown.

Green-Pro
02-22-2005, 09:05 PM
I would strongly encourage you to measure these properties yourself, I have personally seen some that are larger than you would be led to believe. Just cya on properties such as these and be aware of any govt. regulations or stipulations as to "how" things are to be completed. This would be the way you believe a part of the job needs to be completed and then the govt. interpretation, again, make sure to cya and these aren't bad jobs to bid.

-Geoff

gl1200a
02-22-2005, 10:13 PM
I have the Armory bids in front of me as we speak and they are actually very mild. Mow and trim only... all weed control and fertilizer is done by the State. Bids are for the next three years paind out on two invoices per year. Boone, Ft Dodge, Jefferson, Newton in your area.

metiernan
02-22-2005, 11:30 PM
Yard and garden Handyman, where would I go for more information about the guards mowing bids? Do they publish it in any specific papers or would I have to directly contact the Guard's office? Thank You

meets1
02-23-2005, 12:01 AM
I just submitted my bid today. I have mowed our national guard here for 6 years. Every 3rd year I raise the price a bit cuz we mow everything around there. We park the trucks and don't move for a day.

I do give them a bit of a break though cuz we have alot of Craftsman type mower people around here and I don't need the bad publicity.

By all means - MEASURE!! No what is exactly in the bid, walk the area, talk to the man in charge. My first year was a bit of a wake up call. Way more than I thought. They always had equipment around, rocks from snow, etc in there "compound" where all things are locked. We always mow during the weekdays - when they have guard weekend - - - NO FUN!!

In order for us to get into the compound area, as they call it, we need to get a personal of the guard to open the gate, tell them were finished so they can close the gate. Kinda of a pain.

If was published in our local paper here. So until the 15th of March, I will wait and see if we get it again! Happy bidding!

gl1200a
02-23-2005, 01:19 PM
You can get a bid prospectus from the individual facilities, but our area units deadline is March 11th.