PDA

View Full Version : BOBCAT Walk Behind

PR Fect
02-04-2005, 07:15 PM
So I look at our new sponsor's web site. Jacobson and Bobcat. Can anyone tell me if there is a difference in a Jacobson, Bobcat, or Bunton walk-behind mower other than the paint job? If so what? They are each sold by a different dealer in my area. If they are the same, then I just need to pick a dealer. Any help?

PR Fect
02-04-2005, 09:35 PM
okay. I'm bumping this back up front. Does anybody even OWN any of these mowers?

Jeff@SGLC.ca
02-04-2005, 10:07 PM
I'm pretty sure they are just different paint jobs on them.

out4now
02-04-2005, 10:22 PM
There should be PDF specs on all the machines, but I'd think it will just be paint in the end as well.

lawncare4u
02-04-2005, 10:25 PM
okay. I'm bumping this back up front. Does anybody even OWN any of these mowers?

I do have a Bobcat 48''fixed deck gear drive.....OK machine :waving:

Eddie B
02-04-2005, 10:57 PM
I have a bobcat 48" belt drive, but its older. Don't know the answer to your question.

mkwl
02-04-2005, 11:20 PM
I think I can answer your question. I have a 2003 Bob-Cat 48", belt drive, W/ 15 HP Kawi V-Twin, and I love it!!!! It is a fantastic machine!!! It has a quality of cut and stripe that can't be beat by any other brand!!! It is built like a tank!!
The Jacobsen and Bob-Cat gear drive mowers are basically the same except for the paint color. Jacobsen owns Bob-Cat, Bunton, etc. The Bunton gear drive is a bit different in terms of transmission/ belt setup. The Bunton gear drive mowers have single wide drive belts, whereas the Bob-Cat and Jacobsen mowers all have double wide drive belts (except for the Bob-Cat "Classic" model). The Bob-Cat, Jacobsen and Bunton hydro models are also similar but a bit different. The Bob-Cat dealer in my area is great! So in conclusion, Bob-Cat, Jacobsen, and Bunton mowers are very similar, except for a few things. Any of these three brands would serve you very well!!! I would highly recommend Bob-Cat mowers to anyone who wants a mower that is truly far superior to all other brands IMO. Hope this helps! Get a Bob-Cat!!!

PR Fect
02-05-2005, 10:04 AM
mkwl, and the rest of you guys, thanks for the replies! We are really considering on picking up one of these mowers. 36 inch walk behind, hydro, floating deck, 17hp electric start KAW. There are only a few manufactures that make a big HP, floating deck, hydro, electric start 36 inch mower. I think if the Wright Stander had a floating deck we would consider that, but for now the Jacobson Line is the only top of the line commercial grade mower with our spec's. PR

BMFD92
02-05-2005, 10:32 AM
I cut a property and used a bobcat hydro 61" that the groundskeeper has and it is an amazing machine. I also had a 1989 bobcat gear drive that my dad used and I used it in the 2003 season and finally retired it this summer. That shows you that these mowers are tanks and can last a long time. All in all great mowers.

Green lawns
02-05-2005, 12:12 PM
We have a 2001 Bob-cat ZT125 ( looks like a walker ) with 25 HP Kohler and the 48" deck. Great-Great mower! It will put down a very nice strip and has very good ground speed. If you go to fast in wet conditions it can plug up, but slow down just a little bit and it goes right through it.

I hear the walk-behinds are the same quality as the z's. I just priced a 48" Bob-cat walk-behind floating deck hydro 17HP Kohler for 4600.00. The Bob-cats are built like tanks and we have done nothing but routine maintenance. I do not think you will be disappointed. I will certainly buy more Bob-cat products. I think you should go for it!

Turfdude
02-05-2005, 05:47 PM
We purchased a pair of '04 48 Bobcat belts w/ the 15 v-twin kaws. Plenty of power even w/ lush spring growth, very easy on hands (no need for hydro), good quality of cut.

1st impressions
02-05-2005, 06:29 PM
Bobcat and Bunton are part of the same company. I'm not sure about Jacobson. Most of my machines are Bobcat and I've been happy with their performance. New model in 2004 is very different from previous models. The employee who used it seemed to like it but the other employees preferred the older model which is now called the Classic.(I think). New design has fewer moving parts and different rear tires. I think the one negative is that the handle controls are higher which strains the arm muscles.
One other negative I have with Bobcat is that it seems they are always changing the parts just enough so their is no consistency year to year.(makes it difficult and expensive to stock up on so many different parts)

PR Fect
02-06-2005, 09:00 AM
1st impressions, do you have any problems getting part's?

WisconsinMower
02-08-2005, 12:17 AM
It is good to hear that so many of you like the Jacobsen/Bobcat brand. I am an engineer at the plant in Johnson Creek Wisconsin. The only difference between the two are the color of the paint. We make Steiner, Jacobsen, Bobcat, and Bunton at our plant and the difference between them is the color. Thanks for all your business, and keep spreading the news about our mowers.