PDA

View Full Version : Truck turn signals not working...

gogetter
02-04-2005, 07:19 PM
My turn signals stopped working, all of them. The emergency flashers still work.
I checked the fuse and it's good.

I guess my next step is to check each bulb? But if one bulb had burnt out, would all the rest stop working???
Is there anything else I should look for first?

Thanks.

shepoutside
02-04-2005, 07:26 PM
Yes , there will be a relay, or the flasher relay usually under the dash, near the fuses. Turn on your 4 ways, and listen for the click'n, and follow till you see a round plastic relay, looks something like a pill bottle bottom, and is sometimes plugged into the fuse cluster, or hangs around the fuses. You should see 2 of them, one for the signals, the other for the 4 way. Switch them, the plastic relays to see if that is the problem, and replace. I would also suggest, upgrading to a electronic relay, and this will work better with trailers, will avoid the fast flash, when the trailer it connected. Hope this helps :waving:

xcopterdoc
02-04-2005, 07:33 PM
What kind of vehicle? year? Model?

gogetter
02-04-2005, 08:20 PM
It's a 1996 Ford F-250.

There is a big round metal thing (relay?) for the 4 ways. Other then that, just regular fuses. The 4 ways work fine.

The fuse for the turn signals is just a regular 15amp fuse which is fine.

Stinger
02-05-2005, 12:11 AM
Check your trailer connection. I don't know what you have but we run a six way plug and some times I have similar problems. All I do is take a small flat screwdriver and slightly spread the prong tips on the male end so they make better contact.

gogetter
02-05-2005, 12:18 AM
Check your trailer connection. I don't know what you have but we run a six way plug and some times I have similar problems. All I do is take a small flat screwdriver and slightly spread the prong tips on the male end so they make better contact.

I haven't had the trailer hooked up in well over a month, and this problem on the truck just started a couple days ago.

ProMo
02-05-2005, 09:13 AM
check the fuses under the hood also.

shepoutside
02-05-2005, 10:16 AM
It's a 1996 Ford F-250.

There is a big round metal thing (relay?) for the 4 ways. Other then that, just regular fuses. The 4 ways work fine.

The fuse for the turn signals is just a regular 15amp fuse which is fine.

There is one other relay for the turn signals. Not sure where it is off hand, but will look it up later when I head to the shop

xcopterdoc
02-05-2005, 10:57 PM
My books show it on the fuse panel.

xcopterdoc
02-05-2005, 11:00 PM
ooops!! Sorry! Lets try this!