02-04-2005, 08:06 PM
Hi guy's

What do you guy's think about door hangers? I never did this
before locking for some info on it. Is it worth me paying money
to get 2000 door hangers? How much work do you get out of
doing this? Can any one help me on this? thank's :waving:

kdbetters
02-04-2005, 08:19 PM
Try doing a search on this very subject and many responses old and new will come up (Just some FYI, dont mean to be rude). But, to answer your question, you can expect anywhere between 1%-5% return. So if you plan on hanging around 2,000 expect to get between 20-50 calls.

drsogr
02-04-2005, 08:21 PM
Some people swear by doorhangers, saying there is not better way to advertise. To me though, messing with someones door, just sucks! I bought 5,000 doorhangers, put up about 200 before deciding doorhangers weren't for me! I didn't like the idea of walking up to strangers houses and messing with their doors. It just didn't appeal to me. It does have a pretty good return rate though. I would suggest using fliers, they are cheaper, and you don't have to mess with people front door to put them up. You can just roll them with a rubberband and toss them on the doorstep.

gogetter
02-04-2005, 11:56 PM
To me though, messing with someones door, just sucks! I bought 5,000 doorhangers, put up about 200 before deciding doorhangers weren't for me! I didn't like the idea of walking up to strangers houses and messing with their doors.

I hear ya! I don't like doing it either. That's why I'm hoping to hire someone to do it for me this coming season (repeat, "hoping").

As far as dropping a flyer on the door step, I'm kinda funny about that. I know most people get their newspaper that way (unless they have a paper box, but most around my area do not), but I still feel funny throwing something on the ground. Just feels like I'm littering, and I'd be concerned with it blowing around.

But I guess everyone has their little hang ups, and that is just one of mine :-)

And LawnPro2, as suggested try a search, you'll find LOTS of info on that particular topic.