PDA

View Full Version : How do you like this idea???

Bull
02-05-2005, 11:20 AM
Remember now this is just an idea and for it to even come close to working there would have to be a lot of engineering done for it to be safe and feasible. What if on the back of our ztr's we had a unit mounted that all of the grass and leaves (during fall) went into and this device had a incinerator which worked off of propane fuel. Everything would turn into ashes within seconds and then get dispersed back out onto the lawn. Think of the time this would save you. Now fire away with all of the bad aspects such as blowing your a_ _ clean off of the property.

STAN1366
02-05-2005, 12:07 PM
I'm sure it's possible to make something like you described that's also safe for the operator, but I doubt it would be cost effective as well as OK with the customer. Assuming a design could be make that could burn propane and not suck any gasoline vapors in that would explode, how about the smoke the burnt clippings would give off? The possibility of a hot ember in the ash setting dry fall leaves on fire is another risk. Stick to mulching and or bagging the heavy growth and let it go at that. Just my 2 cents.

cleancutccl
02-05-2005, 12:11 PM
I think you would also have a smell issue, ash left on a lawn might aid fungus as well.

CharlieBingo
02-05-2005, 02:09 PM
Forget the propane. A device that just really mulches,grinds and pulverizes material would transform cleanups!

1grnlwn
02-05-2005, 04:46 PM
Leaves are a problem. The Germans have already invented a lazer beam mower. It burns the grass off and instantly dries the clippings. The clippings are dried and dispersed out the back with a fan. I have started leaves on fire in a yard before , it is not fun, funny maybe, but not fun.

prizeprop
02-05-2005, 05:21 PM
Might be an environmental issue as well?

BMFD92
02-05-2005, 05:27 PM
sounds like a good idea

promower
02-05-2005, 05:41 PM
I dont know, but I would think that if you were running over large amounts of leaves it would cause a lot of fire, and if it was dry you would be leaving hot ashes dehind you which could blow around and cause a fire. It would be cool though.

LawnScapers of Dayton
02-05-2005, 06:24 PM
the EPA would love that......

I nearly lost my Stander to fire doing leaves this past fall. They got is behind the muffler and lit off....

YardPro
02-05-2005, 06:28 PM
i had a chipper catch on fire cuase of wood chips against the muffler...