PDA

View Full Version : Truck/Car Maintence Log

sailinstud420
02-05-2005, 12:47 PM
Hello all, I just saw a thread a while ago asking about spreadsheets for use with mowing times per lawn, etc. Those were great, I saved them and plan on using them too. I now want to ask another favor. I am looking for someone with a nice maintence log (prefer an excel spreadsheet) for your car or truck. I want something that I can keep track of everything, oil changes, tranny fluid, coolant, powersteering fluid, tranny filters, oil filters, ball joints, tie rods, cv joints, diff fluid, struts, shocks, tires, tire rotation, place for other comments, etc. I want to be able to keep a file of all this for my vehicle. My dad owns 5 cars right now, and is bugging me to make him one also. I wondered if anyone had anything to go off of. I am going to start working on something, I'll see what I come up with and post it if I ever really get it accomplished.

Markf
02-05-2005, 02:20 PM
This may help
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=94774

sailinstud420
02-05-2005, 03:48 PM
Here, this should be about perfect. You can add and subtract stuff as you please. The section at the bottom for "additional Comments" you can write in stuff such as the brand of oil, where you got it from, weather or not it is a lifetime warranty etc. This one I made is for our 1990 caravan, we replaced a lot of parts on this beast, so to make this apply to your truck you can get rid of alot of stuff and you will have to add some others. But I think this is a fairly good layout. I am going to go off of this to make a maintenance sheet for my mowers, and equip also. enjoy fellas.

sailinstud420
02-05-2005, 03:52 PM
why cant we post excel or .xls files here? I guess I can't show you what I made.....

HayBay
02-05-2005, 04:30 PM
Just compress the file into a .ZIP folder then upload.

Winzip

sailinstud420
02-06-2005, 12:38 AM
How do I do it?

HayBay
02-07-2005, 04:17 PM
Try this site for XP

http://www.cs.sfu.ca/CC/120/ggbaker/instr/xpzip

IGNORE the last instruction on the URL above stating:

Quote:
You should submit the .zip file to the submission server. The name of the .zip file doesn't matter when submitting it.
End Quote: