PDA

View Full Version : You're Fired!

DFW Area Landscaper
02-05-2005, 12:53 PM
I just had to say it publicly. I'm so glad I did it.

I fired Sprint PCS this week and swithed to Verizon wireless. Sprint PCS is responsible for the absolute worst customer service experience of my entire life. No other company has ever come anywhere close to their level of incompetence. Ridiculous waits in queue for telephone support. Ridiculous waits in line at the Sprint store. Almost always dealing with an FNG (friggin' new guy), whether ar their store or on the phone, who didn't know their service well enough to be dealing with customers. Couple that with their pathetic service (dropped calls while I'm not even driving...voice mails pop up, but the phone never rang...voice mail icon on phone always indicated a new voice mail whether there was one or not...poor sound quality) and it was just a joke.

I think I'm going to be a lot happier with Verizon wireless. The voice quality is a lot better. It almost sounds like the PSTN (wired phones). It costs a little more, but it's worth it.

Later,
DFW Area Landscaper

Brianj
02-05-2005, 01:05 PM
t-mobile here, 5000 anytime minutes, including long distance 99 bucks, cant beat it

Jeff@SGLC.ca
02-05-2005, 01:10 PM
We used to get better plans north of the border when competition was hot but now we have our 3 main carriers and one smaller one. I'm on Mike (Telus) which is the same as Nextel for my business phones to use the direct connect radio's. My personal is Bell who I don't remember who they have in the states for my personal. As long as you ***** them out enough you're ok lol.

Branchland
02-05-2005, 01:13 PM
I used to use Verizon. Never had any problems. We're on Nextel now. So many of my friends, other LCO's and supply places use them it just saves minutes using the PTT. Of course now other companies have the PTT feature.

Lux Lawn
02-05-2005, 01:35 PM
I have been with Verizon for about 12 years now all the way back to when it was owned by someone else,I pay $49.95 for unlimited monthly calls.They ran that special here for about a month and thats it the only draw back is I can never switch plans and go back to it and no nation wide calls included in my plan they really get you on the roaming charges.

Eddie B
02-05-2005, 04:56 PM
I just had to say it publicly. I'm so glad I did it.

I fired Sprint PCS this week and swithed to Verizon wireless. Sprint PCS is responsible for the absolute worst customer service experience of my entire life. No other company has ever come anywhere close to their level of incompetence. Ridiculous waits in queue for telephone support. Ridiculous waits in line at the Sprint store. Almost always dealing with an FNG (friggin' new guy), whether ar their store or on the phone, who didn't know their service well enough to be dealing with customers. Couple that with their pathetic service (dropped calls while I'm not even driving...voice mails pop up, but the phone never rang...voice mail icon on phone always indicated a new voice mail whether there was one or not...poor sound quality) and it was just a joke.

I think I'm going to be a lot happier with Verizon wireless. The voice quality is a lot better. It almost sounds like the PSTN (wired phones). It costs a little more, but it's worth it.

Later,
DFW Area Landscaper

I work at Radio Shack here in Delaware and we sell Sprint and Verizon. In this area, Sprint is truely a better service and they have greatly improved their network with the new phones and service. Also with the new Sprint plans you don't get raped for going over your minutes. As far as coverage, it does depend on the area you are in. Verizon has better overall coverage. Sprint offers "walkie talkie" service which works far better than Nextel's analog service. Sprint and Nextel will be merging in a year or two and you will be able to "walkie talkie" between both services. I'll be looking forward to that. I do hate Sprint's customer service, and this is something they need to improve. Waiting in queue takes too long, and having to call 4 times to have your address changed because they can't spell is just rediculous. Hope you enjoy Verizon, as we haven't had any customers complain about their service either.

YardPro
02-05-2005, 05:09 PM
give me analog anyday

digital is much worse.

with analog you get a little static when having poor reception. with digital you loose segments. they are just not there.

the onlt reason companies push digital is becuase they can carry 10X the volume on the same bandwidth.

mattslawn
02-05-2005, 05:41 PM
I have Nextel and so do all of my buds i sove it a little pricy but u cant beat the walkie talkie

alpine692003
02-05-2005, 11:39 PM
Unlimited Plan for me!

$45 inc. tax, caller id etc..

Unlimited local calling..

grass-scapes
02-09-2005, 06:50 PM
I use nextel as well. I have the unlimited incoming calls (80 percent of my calls are incoming) plan. Unlimited Direct connect. I had sprint, hated it. Now they are merging with nextel. Too bad you can't walkie talkie between carriers now. Nextel is merging because that day is coming and most people have nextel mostly for the Walkie talkie feature.

Victo
02-09-2005, 08:05 PM
Sprint PCS is suck!!! you know why? All thier call centers are in overseas, India and china. Sometimes they don't know what the heck they are talking about. I worked sprint PCS and I know what kind of scrap shop they doing. A lot useless and kissing butt people left in Spint...the good people gone somewhere.

Clear View Landscapes
02-10-2005, 01:08 PM
Nextel saved my company, Verizon tried to bankrupt me.

scottishmaximus
02-11-2005, 01:51 AM
I have verizon and am very happy with their service. I can get questions answered anytime, no hassles. I have had maybe 2 roaming charges with my plan in 2 years. It simply works were other phones won't. I was on a tour bus that broke down in colorado and only verizon phones got service. At&t, Nextel, sprint, cingular, and t mobile didn't work.