PDA

View Full Version : CUSTOMERS COMING OUT THE WAZOO!

Green Finger
01-31-2001, 12:56 PM
As the weather is beginning to change. Spring is vastely approaching.

All you guys that are planning and strategizing in how to start the year off right.

How many customers do you currently have?

How many customers do you plan to pick up?

Is the sky the limit?

Mark
01-31-2001, 03:34 PM
Ive already got my March and April schedules ready. Im not looking for anymore accts. Im solo and have 51 and 2 are appt complexes. So ive got all i can handel. Im getting ready to put my work boots on agiain next week. Ill start on some of my big yds 2acer plus for the Spring Clean Up. Plus overseeding, Prob planting a few blubs also. Marks Mowing Service

Green Finger
01-31-2001, 03:45 PM
Way to plan Mark. How is it working solo? Right now I'm solo too.

51 customers, is that a good number for you.

What type of equipment do you run.

Richard Martin
01-31-2001, 04:04 PM
<B>Is the sky the limit?</b>

No, so far I have had a very controlled expansion of my customer base. Last year I started raising bids beyond what I thought was competitive only to have the customers accept them anyway. This year I have done one bid already. It was on a competitor's yard. He was doing it every two weeks for $25.00. I bid it every week at $45.00 and they accepted. Dang reputation.

<B>How many customers do you plan to pick up?</B>

Right now I can accept two more without causing problems or having to work over 8 hours a day. It will probably be more like ten more by the time the season is over.

<B>How many customers do you currently have?</B>

39 I work solo.

<B>All you guys that are planning and strategizing in how to start the year off right</B>

I just finished going over this year's schedule. I moved a few customers to different days to try and get the route worked out better and save some time. I also just finished going over my machines from top to bottom to make sure there were no surprises in the spring.

<B>As the weather is beginning to change. Spring is vastely approaching.</B>

I wouldn't get too excited yet. I live right up the street from you in Edgewater about 20 minutes away. The grass never gets going before the last week of March at the earliest. Of course I do start spring cleanups and mulching the first week of March weather permitting.

brandy
01-31-2001, 11:41 PM
Have 98 customers and one hospital. Two employes, but we don't just cut grass. We are a full serve landscape maintiance buisness with aspirations of becaming a full serve landscaping install company!I wish there was an easier way to make money!!!!!