PDA

View Full Version : MD. show disappointing

Jerrys Lawn Service
01-31-2001, 01:12 PM
In the past we have attended many lawn shows in Maryland,
locally called Turfgrass. It always had all of the major
mfg. corps. there, but this year was a real let down there
were maybe half as many. Some of the ones that were missing
are Gravely, Stihl,Snapper,Great Dane,Wright MFG.,Hustler.
This was just to name a few. When I talked to one of the reps for Bobcat they told me that alot of companies aren't
willing go the expense, close to $3,000 so he says. Then he told me that there would be no show next year, because of
lack of turnout! I don't know how that could be the parking lot was packed. If expense is that big of a factor than maybe they should settle on a ticket price to off set some of the cost, instead of making them complementery. This is
just my thoughts, if you attended let me know what you think.

Good Luck!
jerryslawnservice@home.com

Man Joe
01-31-2001, 05:35 PM
I agree with you. The show was a let down. The parking lot was so crowded it took a little time to find a place to park.I wonder why the Bobcat rep said there was a lack of turnout.

lawman
01-31-2001, 05:58 PM
you are right the parking lot was full, the show was small. It was not worth my time.

Vandora Lawn & Landscape
01-31-2001, 06:28 PM
The show was a real waste of my time. I took of school for it. Annoys me a great deal. I hoped to meet lots of equipment reps, but many were no shows. Also, the show seemed directed towards golf professionals for some reason. I felt unwelcome at the show.

jeffex
01-31-2001, 08:02 PM
the show was my first but it seemed a bit low $
for the amount of money spent on lawn equip. by
even part timers like me. I was interested in the
hovermower until I got the price $700 anyone ever
use one? rep said I could use it for a wk. to try
I have townhouses w/ hill it might work on

Jusmowin
01-31-2001, 09:09 PM
That Maryland show sounds like theVirginia Beach show I went to.A BIG WASTE OF TIME!I hope its better next year

Getmow
01-31-2001, 10:39 PM
Jusmowin, Juswonderin if you took any of the classes for CEU's or just went to see the equipment.

Joe W.
02-01-2001, 02:36 PM
I thought the Md. show was a wast of the drive. No one wanted to talk to me unless I was looking at the big money golf course equipment. I have found out that a few dealers in the Baltimore area are having one day commercial sale days. Lesco will be having one in February, they have not set a date yet. JP Fuller will be having theirs on March 15 (Wednesday). Call up your local dealers to see if they are having anything in the spring.

Jerrys Lawn Service
02-01-2001, 09:38 PM
ManJoe, The parking lot was full because there were so many guys there to get recertified but taking time to go into the show! Next year they said it may just be at a hotel with
some reps handing out phamplets. It's just not the same!

Good Luck!
jerryslawnservice@home.com