PDA

View Full Version : takeuchi vs bobcat vs caterpillar

bobcatboy
02-05-2005, 07:35 PM
I was wondering which one of these loaders is the better out of the three

AL Inc
02-05-2005, 10:48 PM
Lots of opinions here, you will get lots of answers. I have a Cat and I love it. I also think Taekuchi and Bobcat are good machines, too.

Green Pastures
02-05-2005, 11:05 PM
I've demo'd the Cat and the Bobcat and I'm saving for the Cat.

bobcatboy
02-06-2005, 12:30 AM
I looked at the takeuchi tl150 and that is one big machine. Put a 84 inch bucket on that thing you could do some damage. I am supposed to demo one on monday, cant wait. Kind of swingin towards the takeuchi it has the most power wiehgt and the highest brakeout power. I tested a t190 didnt have any power.

Tigerotor77W
02-06-2005, 10:31 AM
Mmm, can't quite compare a T190 with a TL150. They're definitely not in the same league. If you want an apples-to-apples comparison, well, you'd probably have to compare the TL150 to the Bobcat T250 to the Cat 277B. (Even those aren't quite identical.) As I'm not too familiar with Takeuchi's product, I can't say much about them, but they were the first in the industry to offer a tracked compact loader... kudos to them for doing so. But without letting us know what you'll be doing with the loader, it's hard to say which is best. (I'd take the T300 over the others if I had to do a lot of lifting, for example.)

bobcatboy
02-06-2005, 11:33 AM
yes you are correct they are not in the same leauge, but it the only track loader I have had any experience with. the type of work I will diong is basement digging pond construction back filling loading trucks. I need somthing heavy, powerfull but still manuverable.

Tigerotor77W
02-06-2005, 03:21 PM
Okay, sounds good... I'd take a look at the T250 as well. It'd probably be a good fit for your application.

ksss
02-06-2005, 04:53 PM
I have never owned a Takeuchi loader. I have had one of their trackhoes' for about a year. They make a high quality product. I have run their track loaders for a limited amount of time. They are big and seemed to have decent power although seemed to feel less powerful than my 95XT in pushing dirt and excavating. This would not seem possible since the Takeuchi is rated higher, but when running the two I couldn't feel that advantage. There is a company in this area that has a large tree spade on their 150 and they seem to like the machine. I have never run the CAT track machine. I ran a 190 and came away with the same impression you did. I would hate to have to make a living excavating with that machine. Another option would be a large wheeled skid steer (CASE 90 or 95XT, BOBCAT S300 or equivilent) with the Loegren tracks. This would give you the flexibility of running wheels or tracks.

bobcatboy
02-06-2005, 06:29 PM
do you think that skid steer with tracks could offer that kind of tractive effort it would take to excavate basements ,ponds ect. You guys keep the imput comming its helping me make my decision.

Tigerotor77W
02-06-2005, 08:15 PM
Take a look at the VTS system... it seems to be a pretty good alternative to pure tracks or pure wheels.
http://www.loegering.com/VTS.htm

bobcatboy
02-06-2005, 09:54 PM
thanks for the video. those loaders did some amazing stuff. well I just might check that out. that looks like it might be a viable option. again thanks for the link.

ksss
02-06-2005, 10:36 PM
As far as digging basements with a skid steer, I think a lot of its viability will depend on ground conditions. If your in clay or loam you might be able to dig comepetively with a backhoe. I dig crawl spaces on manufactured homes with my 95XT and I do it every bit as fast as a backhoe can if not faster (about 4.5 hours on a typical 1600 square foot home 3 feet in the ground). However going 7-8 feet in the ground on a full basement that maybe a little different. It will be hard on a skid steer. Given the task at hand, I would go with a 90XT with a Rezloh type cutting edge combined with a Apache grade checker attached to the bucket when your close to grade. At around 10K pounds the 90XT is heavy and heavy duty, probably the best suited machine for heavy excavation like what you want to do. Steel tracks might hold up better given your application. The steel tracks with foam filled tires would give you more ballast and lower operating costs than rubber tracks.

StoneStacker
02-06-2005, 11:34 PM
Bobcatboy,

I looked at the website for takeuchi and they do advertise an impressive breakout force! I would be careful here though. It advertises the 50% operating capacity at around 3500lbs and if the machine tips at twice of that i don't know how much that breakout will really help you if it tips the machine on its nose. I know the Bobcat, CAT and ASV products have some decent breakout as well. The CAT and the ASV also put much more track on the ground. This may help with traction, flotation, and stability.

Scag48
02-07-2005, 09:42 PM
I'll agree with that Loegering VTS, it looks pretty sweet. Heard it was about $15K though, pretty spendy. You could almost spend that much and get a dedicated track machine, but doesn't the VTS just pop off pretty quick and you can put tires back on? Pretty nice setup, I'd get a set if I had $15K.