Sorry Caps Lock Is Stuck

Cjj

rodfather
02-06-2005, 10:23 AM
1. Toys left outside
2. Trash pickup
3. Amount of edging
4. Jumping curbs

I'm sure there is more...just my immediate thoughts.

DennisF
02-06-2005, 11:01 AM
Look at the overall condition of the lawn and landscape. If it appears to be neglected the property manager is probably shopping price and nothing more. Some of these apartment complex managers are scumbags and will be very slow with payment for services. Hence, they usually change LCO's regularly.

When walking the property to estimate time, look for areas that will need to mowed with small equipment. The little nooks and crannies can burn up a lot of time if you have to do a lot of trimming or mowing with a small mower.

Norm Al
02-06-2005, 11:11 AM
how many lawn men have they had in the last ten years! and did they tell you that they are not about the cheap price? "just give us a good price!"<-----dont believe them if they have had a bunch of lawn services!

Stinger
02-06-2005, 11:19 AM
DOG CRAP! The backyards are full of it at the 16 duplex property we service. Nothing like it to add to a hot summers day!

cutnedge
02-06-2005, 12:10 PM
1. Toys left outside
2. Trash pickup
3. Amount of edging
4. Jumping curbs

Everything listed here for sure. When estimating your total time on the job, you might as well figure on spending more time there than expected. The amount of trimming and edging can be incredible. You'll be amazed at the different scenarios that you will be faced with from one week to the next. Yeah, the apartment managers never like my bids--which is fine by me. The lowballers can have them.

louisianalawncare
02-06-2005, 07:53 PM
Thanks guys

It sure does say allot for the type of people that are on this site, you guys jump at the chance to help out a fellow lawn guys.

I truly believe that being in the green industry takes a special person
one who who goes the extra mile to do the job right and to help out when needed.

:angel:

THANKS ONCE AGAIN

Louisiana Lawn Care

Runner
02-07-2005, 11:23 PM
Quote: This Question Is For You Guys That Have Been Around Awhile

When Bidding On An Appartment Complex What Would Be Some
Things I Would Need To Look For, Or What Do You Guys Consider
When Bidding On These Types Of Jobs

Thanks

Louisiana Lawn Care

Quote bt Rod.

1. Toys left outside
2. Trash pickup
3. Amount of edging
4. Jumping curbs

The only thing I will add to this and put it at the TOP of the list would be some better places to bid. Apartments are about a waste of time. They are continuous price shoppers and will drop you like a hot potato, even after 5 years, just to save 10 bucks a month - there is no loyalty.

65hoss
02-07-2005, 11:27 PM
Quote: This Question Is For You Guys That Have Been Around Awhile

When Bidding On An Appartment Complex What Would Be Some
Things I Would Need To Look For, Or What Do You Guys Consider
When Bidding On These Types Of Jobs

Thanks

Louisiana Lawn Care

Quote bt Rod.

1. Toys left outside
2. Trash pickup
3. Amount of edging
4. Jumping curbs

The only thing I will add to this and put it at the TOP of the list would be some better places to bid. Apartments are about a waste of time. They are continuous price shoppers and will drop you like a hot potato, even after 5 years, just to save 10 bucks a month - there is no loyalty.

I'll add one more.
LIABILITY

Flex-Deck
02-07-2005, 11:53 PM
1. Toys left outside
2. Trash pickup
3. Amount of edging
4. Jumping curbs

I'm sure there is more...just my immediate thoughts.

Amen rodfather - Actually those 4 things cover commercial of all kinds, wheather complexes or wide open spaces at malls etc. Especially trash pickup. Anyone can guage curb jumping, edging, but how many McDonalds french fry cardboards, Camel Flip top cigarette boxes, McDonalds 64 oz. drink cups, are going to have to be picked up.

Thanks Brad

65hoss
02-07-2005, 11:56 PM
I'll add one more.
LIABILITY
Stupid Server locked up as I was doing this.

LIABILITY and HASSLE
You scratched my car
You broke my window
You got grass on my hood
You got dust everywhere
I work nights, so I sleep at 2pm. DON'T CUT.
You scared FeeFee

You get the point.