PDA

View Full Version : How to get new customers?

Mike Felices
01-31-2001, 01:57 PM
I am purchasing a new Lazer, and want to know what is the best way to pick up new customers.

Green Finger
01-31-2001, 02:52 PM
Mike,

Word of advice don't get the lazer until you get a good customer base. Your yards might not be big enough for the lazer.

Let your clientele determine what type of machine you are going to get.

I would love to have a lazer and one day I will, but first I'm going to get the yards to support that machine.

That way it will pay for itself.

Mike Felices
01-31-2001, 04:36 PM
I already have enough yards to support the machine, but I want to pick up more. What is the best way of advertising? How many people have a sign on their trailer or truck, and is it worth getting one?

dmk395
01-31-2001, 05:09 PM
To me the best advertisement is word of mouth, however flyers at strategic locations also works well.

Eric ELM
01-31-2001, 05:20 PM
I would pass out flyers around where you already work or in another area that you would like to get more accounts. Put on your flyer that you mow in that area and you would like to get a few more accounts.

Also let all your customers know that you would like to get a few more customers and ask them if they have any neighbors or friends that could use your services.

65hoss
01-31-2001, 05:55 PM
Give a few extra biz cards to your existing clients. I target specific areas in Feb and March with flyers. I have run ads occasionally in the newspaper, which have provided some good clients and bad ones. This year I'm going to work on client base closer to home. Trying to limit truck seat time. Even though its nice to be in the AC.

double e
01-31-2001, 06:10 PM
Best advertisment is word of mouth

About signs on trucks. When I started I didn't have them when I put them on my two trucks it does make you well known. I will stop somewhere and people will see my sign and say I see you guys everywhere.

One thing I started last year is I got signs made (like realestate signs) when I do a nice landscaping job I put them in a yard. I cut along the main strip in town, Last April when I was done my route on the road I put 8 signs up on different houses down the road. 2 weeks later I picked up 3 more yards on the same road, and 1 close by.

moonarrow
01-31-2001, 06:20 PM
A friend of mine told me how he did it last year and sounds like a good idea it takes a lot of time to pass out fliers. What he did was pick the zip codes where he wanted to advertise and contacted the news paper they printed 15,000 fliers and put them in the papers being delivered to those areas this cost him I think he said about $360

Atlantic Lawn
03-01-2001, 06:38 AM
We always put out our signs when we hit the site, two signs each end of the property. Anyone driving by knows who is working there. Grab the signs when we load up. I know it helps and sure doesn't hurt

kutnkru
03-01-2001, 09:20 AM
Is the most important form of advertising IMHO. If we create a working partnership with our clients, then our customer base will grow.

The other form of advertising that seems to work out well is by placing door knockers(flyers) out there. This way you are able to directly target those areas that you feel are relavent to your customer base.

Good Luck!
Kris