PDA

View Full Version : Whalen Landscape website input

Whalen Landscape Svc
02-06-2005, 01:52 PM
Here is my new website, I just got it up and running this week. Tell me what you think. I used a website design firm in the Memphis area. I felt like the price was very reasonable considering some of the prices I received. If anyone was thinking about doing a website, I would recommend them.

Thanks,
David Whalen :waving:

LawnsByJon
02-06-2005, 01:54 PM
Umm, would you mind posting a link?

Whalen Landscape Svc
02-06-2005, 02:29 PM
web address (http://www.whalenlandscape.com)

LawnsByJon
02-06-2005, 03:23 PM
Let me be the first to say that that site is really nice, and it represents your company well.

My only suggestion would be to add more pictures. Specifically pictures of past jobs, surely you have before and after pictures, and maybe pictures of your trucks and equipment?

Jeff@SGLC.ca
02-06-2005, 03:25 PM
I have a very temporary site up right now so no need for anyone to look lol but you're site is very proffesional looking.

Whalen Landscape Svc
02-06-2005, 03:27 PM
At $50.00 per page the costs add up quick. We will be adding a photos page and also customer testimonials page this spring.

jpmako
02-07-2005, 08:29 AM
Looks good so far.
One thing that I did notice is that Maintenance is spelled wrong in your logo.
Just thought I would bring that to your attention.

Jason

tonygreek
02-07-2005, 09:45 AM
whalen, it looks great. outside of the inexcusable typo on your logo, the only thing i would suggest is to make sure you have a solid marketing plan in place for your site and it's relevance to search engines. the meta tags account for very little in terms of engine ranking, so content relevance should be the focus.

one other thing i'm not a fan of are design firms slapping their link on every page, as your guys did. i'm especially not a fan of it if i have a potential customer click on it and they are taken from my site to another. worst case, have them make that a pop window so you don't lose people.

tony

ritchiem
02-07-2005, 12:42 PM
how come your 'Services' and 'Service Area' take you to the same page, do you really need to buttons to take you there?