PDA

View Full Version : Who uses Real Green software?

Pilgrims' Pride
02-06-2005, 01:53 PM
The title says it all.
I'm thinking it's getting to be time to get off my wallet.
I use quickbooks now. It does well enough but there is more I'd like to do and don't want to make a retirement project out of creating my own.
So who uses it?
What are the advantages/disadvantages?

Thanks,

Bob

timturf
02-06-2005, 02:51 PM
I looked into several years ago, and was very impressed. Still use only word, was too expensive for my needs

Green Dreams
02-06-2005, 03:13 PM
Too spensive, Lucy. Good stuff, but too costly.

Pilgrims' Pride
02-06-2005, 03:21 PM
So what do you use?

Green Dreams
02-06-2005, 04:07 PM
I bought Turfgold and finally gave up that it is not what I need. They are good folks to deal with and if you are into maintenance/landscaping, its for you.

One of my buddies desinged me an invoice. I got it printed and now run it through the printer which adds the details in the right blanks. I wish I could afford Real Green. Its too bad they don't have a program for the little guy. Trying to beat me out of $3k when I didn't even have a customer left a bad taste in my mouth.

Pilgrims' Pride
02-06-2005, 04:52 PM
Green Dreams,

I met Matt at the New England Grows show the other day.
He tells me that there is a product for the "little" guy.
It will run 500 or fewer customers and then when you want to upgrade you just pay the difference between the two.
I've been "tire kicking" the stuff for awhile but like yourself I think its expensive.
BUT somewhere someone said "it takes money to make money".
I am finding that occasionally what seems like a big expense pays off in the long run.
A good example was buying the Z-spray last fall.
I used it through most of my 4th round and all of my 5th. (I do 5 feedings)
It ain't cheap but I EASILY get 30 to sometimes 50% more production done in a day and I don't need to have help doing it.

Ohio ProTurf
02-06-2005, 05:56 PM
I have used Real Green for just about a year now...no complaints so far. They have a pretty decent support staff. I haven't really used all of the bells and whistles yet, but I like the idea that as we grow, we will already have a software package that will be able to grow with us.

James Cormier
02-07-2005, 08:05 AM
Bob, I take it you got the train, You never called me back!!!

Anyways, Ive looked into every software package out there, and By far Real Green is the best, However from talking with a few users its closer to 5-6k after all said and done.

So for companies like mine, under 500 customers I feel its a un- necessary expense, plus the learning curve is very long with that software. A good friend of mine bought it couple years ago, and really struggled with learning it, and half way thru the season he went back to his old package.

Me I use Microsoft database program, with word documents, and Quicken for my payables. I got less than $800.00 invested into it for the past 8-9 years. I buy all of real greens forums, invoices, prepays & statements. Then I just import all my info from access onto those forums.

If you take some time and come up here, I will give you a nice little tour of how I do it.

BTW, Im taking the bike out for a ride today, wanna do lunch? I will meet you some where close to you. Say the friendly's at the rotary on 44? Near 495? Say 1pm?

Pilgrims' Pride
02-07-2005, 02:07 PM
Sounded good Jim,

Sorry I missed it.
Momma had a honey-do list that needed attention.
I fell asleep on the train. :D

Mike15
02-07-2005, 07:42 PM
This will be our 5th year using Real Greens software. If your serious about your business, and wanting to grow, this piece has all the whistles and bells you'll ever need.

MIDWEST25
02-09-2005, 06:23 PM
Been using real green for 5 yrs. I'll stick with it