PDA

View Full Version : who can't wait till spring ?

MImowerkid
02-06-2005, 03:30 PM
I am sitting down just wishing for spring to come , I really wish I could be mowing all year long like some of u guys in the south can What is the countdown for the mid-west , my buddy thinks 7 weeks ? I wish tromorrow I could mow how about you ?

MImowerkid
02-06-2005, 03:31 PM
I guess I will just make some more flyers for more ideas

Carolina Cutter
02-06-2005, 03:36 PM
Well, as I sit here in NC and look at the Weatherbug on my computer it says 61 degrees...........thank goodness.

After all the cold weather we have had it is very welcome.

But.....I fear that winter is not over and that this is just a temporary blessing.....

COME ON SPRING!!!!!!!! I GOT GRASS TO MOW!!!!!!!!

The landscaper
02-06-2005, 03:39 PM
I cant wait for spring to come

YardPro
02-06-2005, 03:44 PM
bradfords are starting to bud out now. noticed my neighbor's today..

made me think... man, i'd better get hopping with my pre- emergent

procut
02-06-2005, 03:46 PM
Just yesterday as I walked by my Z Master I looked at it wishing it was spring.

rodfather
02-06-2005, 03:54 PM
I got a feeling anyone in Michigan has about 7 or 8 weeks yet unless we have an unusual early Spring.

stumper1620
02-06-2005, 03:58 PM
Just yesterday as I walked by my Z Master I looked at it wishing it was spring.
Ya, started mine up yesterday, getting anxious :D
winter is supposed to be back this week :dizzy: :eek:

newbomb
02-06-2005, 04:32 PM
I am chomping at the bit for spring. I plan to go full time in April and can't wait to get out of the BS job.

touhey33
02-06-2005, 05:06 PM
I havn't been so excited about spring and summer since i was a kid in elementary school. This is my first full time year and i am pumped, i just got to get as many accounts as possible.

Green Envy Lawn Mowing

Ford F150
32 inch Great Dane WB
21 inch push mower
cub cadet trimmer
ryobi blower

RedWingsDet
02-06-2005, 05:31 PM
I CAN WAIT until spring. I like the snow business ALOT more then cutting lawns. Perhaps thats why I am persuing of just doing Landscaping and Plowing, and then in a few years start construction and then after that a concrete and roofing business and not even cut lawns :)

Only if it'd snow!!! Its like 50 today!!! I already waxed my trucks twice and cleaned them out really good on the inside. Im getting bored, I have all my accounts for the spring settled so Im just waiting for some snow so I can get some more income :)

mownredneck
02-06-2005, 06:01 PM
im about to go crazy! I had foot surgury before christmas and im not able to do anything! heck yeah im ready for spring bring her on!

Woody82986
02-06-2005, 06:14 PM
I am guestimating 4 to 5 weeks until I start back mowing. I have several leaf cleanups scheduled for this week so at lesat I can pull around my trailer with an excuse now.

Littleriver1
02-06-2005, 06:30 PM
43 days till spring

richard coffman
02-06-2005, 09:13 PM
I'm bitting at the bit to get out and start mowing again, my machines are ready minus my dethatcher a friend of mine in southern utah is using. figure 45 days to go.

Respectfully,

Richard/OWner
salt lake city, Utah :D :D :D

General Grounds
02-06-2005, 09:24 PM
:waving: im shootin to go out and do some work nexk week (feb 14) weather permitting of course. if it stays warm ill be spittin out some pavers, though im ready to get back i think back to july when i wished it was winter, so ill enjoy this time off for a week or so more. i enjoy workin in the shop on equipt. with no one around gives me piece of mind. all the mowers are just about there. have a great feb. boys. Tony

Kelly's Landscaping
02-06-2005, 11:29 PM
Oh I can wait another 6 weeks but not 8. Right now honestly I am not ready for next year I got way to many things to put together yet before the year starts. It is one of the biggest advantages to our trade as well as the most stressful part. The years growth meaning new accounts I find you get 90-95% of all your new business for the entire season between March and the first 2 weeks of May. If we are not prepared for it then we just wrote off a few hundred thousand dollars so as much as I would love to be sitting back right now I have been doing office work 7 days a week for the last 3 weeks.

lawnprosteveo
02-06-2005, 11:53 PM
I'll be mowing fescue and henbit weeds by mid-march. I cant wait!!!

Albemarle Lawn
02-07-2005, 12:59 AM
I love the downtime. Reminds me of summer break in school.

Don't need the money, make enough in season. Wish I could take a year off and still have my customers when I return.

KB

i_plant_art
02-07-2005, 01:59 AM
you could have said it best I CAN'T WAIT FOR SPRING just the thought of the grass turning green makes me crazy sitting at home all winter is getting to me too much time with the wife she is driving me nuts................ ive been making excusses to go out and "check" on stuff alot here lately just casue she drives me nuts i cant wait to get back to the 16-18 hr days again. just think 6 months from now ill be wishing it were winter already!

stuie
02-07-2005, 04:51 AM
Cant wait for the end of summer and things to slow down a bit.Been flat out since Jan 2nd and had 4 days off since then.
Oh well it will be winter soon :sleeping
Hope spring is good to you all in the northern hemisphere
STUART

SCAG POWER
02-07-2005, 05:18 AM
Well from Florida ,I can't wait for spring too come.I have been working another postion, but still want spring to come . There is just some thing about having your own yards to cut all your own customers for your self and lets not forget bringing on new customers for your own business.

HAAY SPRING HURRY UP AND GET TOO fLORIDA SO WE CAN START CUTTEN ONCE AGAIN. payup

proenterprises
02-07-2005, 12:50 PM
i as well am eager for spring. its a rough part of the year, theirs nothing in feb to look forward too. one good thing-spring break in march, im going out west (colorado) for about a week for some skiing, when i get back, it should only be about 2 weeks until things get going again.

im still in a mad dash to get some more clients.

its decieving though, its 50 degress outside in ct now, but as i look towards the end of the week, i see highs of 30 with maybe a snow event for thursday. just when we get all this crap melted, we get slammed again. ugh.