PDA

View Full Version : Striping Questions

tez34
02-06-2005, 03:34 PM
Alright whats some tips and tricks for getting those nice stripes. What kind of equipment do you use? Can any mower with the right attachments or mowing technique do really nice stripes. What a great finishing touch to any account. Thanks for your time, Chris

atproperty
02-06-2005, 03:48 PM
I do believe any mower with the right attachments can stripe nice as long as it has a decent amount of hp. Any mower without an attachment cannot necessarily stripe nice. If you want a deep professional even impressive stripe get a roller type kit. I have asked around and nobody has been able to tell me that chain or squeegy type does as good of a job.

tez34
02-06-2005, 04:59 PM
Do they make roller kits for all lawn mowers? Looking for a kit for my John Deere rider.
Also do you mow first and then strip or have the roller kit on when your mowing?

JKOOPERS
02-06-2005, 05:24 PM
the roller goes right behind the deck so you can mow and lay the stripes at the same time.

atproperty
02-06-2005, 11:31 PM
last time I inquired JD did not have one but you can do a search on the internet for lawnmower+striping kits or fabricate your own after getting ideas from pics.

gogetter
02-07-2005, 02:21 AM
AAHHHhhhhh! I know some guys hate to hear this, but this is one of the most talked about topics on this site. There have to be hundreds of threads on it.

PLeeeeaaaassee use the search button. You'll find PLENTY of info, some great photos, links, etc.
Trust me, you'll be glad you did

promower
02-07-2005, 02:52 AM
I run Great Dane without any attachments and it stripes great. Go to the pictures forum I posted a few striping pics. Thread title was posting picture/test.

KathysLGC
02-07-2005, 09:30 AM
AAHHHhhhhh! I know some guys hate to hear this, but this is one of the most talked about topics on this site. There have to be hundreds of threads on it.

PLeeeeaaaassee use the search button. You'll find PLENTY of info, some great photos, links, etc.
Trust me, you'll be glad you did

I agree. Thats how I got the idea to make my first kit. Now, i'm working on another one for my TTHP. Got lots of ideas. Right now I'm working on remaking the stock striping flap. Wife thinks I'm desperate to cut grass cause i keep playing with the mower....