PDA

View Full Version : Shindaiwa Speed Feed

PLM-1
02-06-2005, 06:34 PM
Has anyone used this head yet? If so, is it really that easy to load? Does it act any different than any other head?

beransfixitinc
02-06-2005, 10:43 PM
Have not used it. We are a Shinny dealer, and just opened one out of the package the other day. Took the whole thing apart to take out the preloaded line and then snapped the pieces back together (you don't have to do this during normal use) and then stuck one end of the line into the hole, pulled it even on the other end, and just started turning the head. Took maybe 20 seconds to load the line in. It's easier once it's mounted on a trimmer.

As far as the function of it, it's got a smooth surface where the normal bump knob would be which lets it float over the ground at about 1/2 inch.

We gave one to an LCO that is a customer to use/evaluate on one of his Shindaiwa 270s. He'll get back with us in about a week or so after they get to use it. Also, it comes pre-loaded with the new Shindaiwa Silent Twist trimmer line.. so that'll be something else to give a response on.

And mods, this is not an advertisement. A question was asked, and supporting remarks have been made to assist in answering the question, with further results and remarks to occur at a point in the future.

PLM-1
02-06-2005, 11:02 PM
cool I appreciate it. let me know what he thinks about it! what are the price of those? I assume more expensive than regular heads.

beransfixitinc
02-06-2005, 11:10 PM
cool I appreciate it. let me know what he thinks about it! what are the price of those? I assume more expensive than regular heads.

I believe list is around
$30-$35.

PLM-1
02-06-2005, 11:21 PM
That's not too bad if it cuts down on headaches! Nothing like getting it most of the way wound and you do something stupid and loose grip and have to start all over!