PDA

View Full Version : toro z's

bababooie
01-31-2001, 02:43 PM
does anyone like or dislike the toro's front mounted riders,and why?

lbmd1
01-31-2001, 03:16 PM
Bababooie,
The outfront zmasters you are referring to are the 300 series mowers. Almost everyone you talk to hates them. They are a Walker wanna be, but are not close in comparison. They don't work at all in moistwet weather and even in dry, I was not impressed at all. I demoed one for a day and hated it. Could have gotten a great deal on it, now I know why. I know of several others who have purchased them and have gone to Toro for help in reinbursement due to the dealer not taking them back. I think eric or lazer said they based on the old wheel horse design which might explain something. It's too bad because we are a loyal Toro purchasers of midmount z masters and would like a collection system in the next coming year but will probably have to go the walker way.

Mike

toddman35
01-31-2001, 03:34 PM
The toro 300 series looks like the exmark explorer to me. i think toro should do the same thing that exmark did, and stop making them. its kinda cool that they grind up the grass before putting it in the bagger though.

Mike Felices
01-31-2001, 05:01 PM
Mt dealer carries Toro, eX-mark, and Walker. He told me that if you want a mid-mount go for a Lazer, if you want a dedicated bagger go for the Walker. He only sells you a Toro if you are a dedicated Toro owner. He also told me that Toro has issued a recall for the 300 series bagging mower. Apparently their gearbox has had some major problems.

65hoss
01-31-2001, 05:58 PM
I have never heard a good thing about them. Way to many problems!

bababooie
02-01-2001, 02:26 PM
thanks bros! thats all i need to know.

DanG
02-01-2001, 04:16 PM
If you're looking for a bagger why don't you just purchase the bluebird or easy rake attachment for the z-masters that you own?

I have one and it works great.

It would save you the money you'd spend on a new machine.

That way you can use the machine for numerous tasks such as side discharging, mulching or bagging.

Just an idea.

Dan

Lawn Cruiser
02-07-2001, 11:59 PM
I own one of these units and I have found that it does have some problems. I think that in one or two years Toro should have them tweaked to were they are a great mower. As of yet they are not quite there. I have had one for 2 seasons now I sold the one I had last season to get the new and improved version at the end of the season and even this year they have improved that model. I have liked it and have not really had problems with either if them that I owned and as far as a recall because of a bad gear box this is a rumor. I work in a Toro dealership and Toro has sent out service bulletins on every thing that they have found to be a problem and are more than willing to fix at their expense. On the first one that I owned I was able to do every upgrade that they made available to fix problems that had occurred. On that machine alone I'll bet Toro paid out about $2500.00 for me to fix problems. That price included the gearbox that I replaced even though it had not gone out but because I sold it I wanted to get it replaced so the new owner didn't have trouble with it. So even though they have had their problems with this machine Toro stands behind it 100% and I think that they will have a great machine soon.

R&GSweeping
02-08-2001, 02:48 AM
Hey DanG: What is a "bluebird" and the easy rake attachment? I'm fixing to buy a Toro Zmaster 100 series. Will those attachments work on that mower? Is this something that my Toro dealer offers? Thanks...

Ron

morturf
02-08-2001, 10:16 AM
Baba,
Just a note for clarification, are you referring to the z-turn front mount? If not, are you referring to the front mount traction unit types? Because these are very good mowers compared to that z-300. Just was wondering.

goose
02-09-2001, 08:52 PM
The 1999 models were all bad and recalled , but the 2000 models are like night and day fromm the 1999's , we have 3 of them and they work great all year in all types of weather. It really matters in what part of the country you are in. A lot of people on this site use Bobcat and Bunton and Ferris mowers . I have never seen one of these mowers before.It is such a growing market you should talk to some guys in your area and test drive.

smburgess
02-09-2001, 10:36 PM
goose...
Are you talking about the 300 series (walker wantabees) or the "Z" series?