fertilizer to use
scotts or Mircal grow
i dont plan on getting in to fertlizing untill my company gets a littel bigger
so i would like some help so i can tell them what to use
thanks
Pro Lawns

gvpa20
02-08-2005, 11:03 AM
They are the same Company ( Scotts ownes MG ).

Tvov
02-08-2005, 11:33 AM
Do they mean the Miracle Gro that is applied as a liquid? If they do, then recommend the Scotts. Applying the liquid is not hard, the tough part is making it uniform across the lawn. I also don't trust those "automatic" liquid fert applicator sprayers that Miracle Gro has. They need a certain water pressure to mix the fert and work correctly. Many well water systems DON'T work with those applicators. They either dump out the fert all at once, or don't spray much at all. I just feel that there is very little control over how much you are fertilizing. It has been years since I've use the applicators, maybe they have changed. IMHO

Be careful giving them too much advice about fertilizing. If and when they screw it up, they may blame you. If you know a couple fert companies in your area, you may want to recommend those, and you may be able to work out some sort of "finder's fee" arrangement with the fert company.

Pro-lawns
02-08-2005, 07:50 PM
Do they mean the Miracle Gro that is applied as a liquid? If they do, then recommend the Scotts. Applying the liquid is not hard, the tough part is making it uniform across the lawn. I also don't trust those "automatic" liquid fert applicator sprayers that Miracle Gro has. They need a certain water pressure to mix the fert and work correctly. Many well water systems DON'T work with those applicators. They either dump out the fert all at once, or don't spray much at all. I just feel that there is very little control over how much you are fertilizing. It has been years since I've use the applicators, maybe they have changed. IMHO

Be careful giving them too much advice about fertilizing. If and when they screw it up, they may blame you. If you know a couple fert companies in your area, you may want to recommend those, and you may be able to work out some sort of "finder's fee" arrangement with the fert company.

Thank you so much