PDA

View Full Version : Walker Walk behind is almost done?

BUSHMASTER
01-31-2001, 03:56 PM
Talking to a walker rep the other day the subject of a walkbehind came up and here is what was said.......

Yes they are working on thier second design
The unit will use the same drive train parts as the present
rider.
the unit will not bag
the unit will use the same mulch and side discharge deck currenlty availi.
the unit without the deck assy.will still move and travel
it is a 3 wheeled unit...........
the lawn trade show this year in indiana will probally have this unit for demo..........
when ask why its was taking so long "its just not a walker yet" was the replie.

this unit sounds like a veritaile peice.
with adaptions could probally do a lot of things

oh one more thing i saw a trencher unit for the walker
$4500.real nice and compact perfect for spinklers
i saw a 2 gang reel mower attec, $4600 42"and in the works and almost done a 72" gang reel mower.
A stump grinder and soem other items he would not comment on yet....uhmmm make you think can some produce a mower that you can interchange attments'''?????

for the small operator its sounds like walker will be able to give its customers some back breaking items without having to buy a Dingo.........GO WALKER!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh if anyone sees the walk behind at the show tell us bout it

he also said that it should be ready for sale by the end of this seasons cutting.......just thought yall would like to know. and no he did not know a selling price as of yet.

[Edited by BUSHMASTER on 01-31-2001 at 03:59 PM]

nlminc
01-31-2001, 04:18 PM
Brushmaster, I'm going to NE Grows in Boston next week. I will let you know if they have any attachments on display. Sounds like Walker has a nice thing going.

AB Lawn Care
01-31-2001, 08:06 PM
Like I have said before Walker is soon going to catch up with Stiner in the attachment area.I will be serously looking at the walk-behind.Does anyone know what engine sizes will be avalable????Or how large of deck will it handle.I know you will be able to interchange decks from the rider,but don't know how large it will handle.

BUSHMASTER
02-01-2001, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by AB Lawn Care
Like I have said before Walker is soon going to catch up with Stiner in the attachment area.I will be serously looking at the walk-behind.Does anyone know what engine sizes will be avalable????Or how large of deck will it handle.I know you will be able to interchange decks from the rider,but don't know how large it will handle.

The unit will use the same drive train parts as the present
rider.
the unit will not bag
the unit will use the same mulch and side discharge deck currenlty availi.
the unit without the deck assy.will still move and travel
it is a 3 wheeled unit...........
the lawn trade show this year in indiana will probally have this unit for demo..........
when ask why its was taking so long "its just not a walker yet" was the replie.

Guido
02-01-2001, 06:53 PM
There are about 20-30 pics on my site in JJ Lawn's folder. He demoed it last spring and gave me all the pics to upload for him. He said he had good luck with it. It looks like a solid mower. Check out the pics!

Hope this helps!

BUSHMASTER
02-01-2001, 10:19 PM
david i tried to enter your site but server seemed to be down but i will try later.

BUSHMASTER
02-02-2001, 12:26 AM
i went i saw .... i thought... i have many spare parts....uhmmm..........thank you for the look see.
do you know by chance how much?........ oh by the way if thats you on the bobcat, i think i would take the rest of the day off ...if was it after 12 anyway...he he great photo's...