PDA

View Full Version : Looking to trade S185 Any ideas?

Anthony Orlando
02-07-2005, 12:15 PM
I own a S185 with 350 hours, cab and heat, hand controls. I use it mostly for snow removal and occasionally for driveways etc. I am thinking about the S205 as I would like a little more power and definitely a less bouncy ride. Does any one know what the Gold package consists of?I thought about the Cat machines but to pricey for me. Has anyone priced the Case machines or tried them out?By the way am asking 18900 for my 2002.Any suggestions would be apreciated. Located in Green Bay,WI 1-920-819-45366

Tigerotor77W
02-07-2005, 01:27 PM
The 205 probably won't give you a much better ride... yes it's about 600 lbs heavier, but it rides on the same frame. Gold package -- off the top of my head, it contains power Bobtach, AC, heating, suspension seat, deluxe instrument panel.

Take a look at the other threads around if you have specific Case/Cat/Bobcat/Deere/NH questions.

Good luck!

Anthony Orlando
02-07-2005, 06:24 PM
I checked out some of your other comments and found that your pretty knowledgeable. Have you looked into machines that have the most resale percentages 2,3,4 years down the road. See I dont use my machines that much( 125 hours per year) but would like to stay in a new machine for tax writeoff benefits and to stay for the most part under warranty. I did some research and found that if you keep a machine or trade in a few years you will only lose a few hundred more dollars a year than say trading every 10 years. Plus you are ina new machine( no buying tires,or paying for even a small breakdown. Tell me what you think. Tony

Tigerotor77W
02-08-2005, 12:13 AM
I think ksss or other users would be the one to answer certain questions; this is definitely one of them (I'm a student and don't have the experience to tell you for sure which company has the highest resale). I will take a random pot-shot by saying that I think Case, Bobcat, and now Cat have the highest resale... possibly in that order. As for trading in more often, it seems it'd be all right, but if you maintain your machine properly and only use it for 125 hours, you might be able to get it to 1,500 hours in really good condition -- which may (or may not) be more beneficial to you than trading in often.