PDA

View Full Version : Getting Your MONEY!

inside-out
01-31-2001, 06:10 PM
I just want to see what everyone else is doing with billing residential customers. I talking about how do you bill? Once a month. Do they pay right away? The I feel is that I think any residential customer should pay right away. Sometimes they don't and I don't feel like I should have to wait on Homeowners to pay. What I am thinking of doing is a ACH withdraw once a month, but I am afraid that it will turn people off. Do you guys have any suggestions or things you do.

Thanks Alot

lawman
01-31-2001, 06:16 PM
I have some that hand me a check or the old green stuff on every mowing and others that I bill on month by month. If they dont pay they do not get their grass cut. It is as easy as that.

inside-out
01-31-2001, 06:25 PM
I would take a check or money right there. I have tried that but to be honest with you sometimes you get caught up having to talk to them ,because you can't just blow them off. in my opinion this business time is almost everything when it comes to cutting grass. Any other ideas lawman

Green Acres
01-31-2001, 06:32 PM
We have a pretty good relationship with our customers. We charge them per time and just leave an invoice in the door when we get done. A few times I have ran out of invoices during a day and have had customers call to tell me I forgot to leave an invoice. This works pretty good for me since I just do it while I'm there, that way I don't have to print them out and pay for postage. I even have a few customers that just leave the check under the door mat. This might be a "scrub" way to do it but it works fine with me and only had one person that didn't pay last year for small amount of seeding.

moonarrow
01-31-2001, 06:54 PM
I have some I bill monthly some pay on the spot, I usually don't lose much time, they watch, and are ready to pay when I load the last piece of equipment on the trailer and some will walk out to the truck as soon as I pull up and then go back into the house. the ones that pay in cashI use for expense money

inside-out
01-31-2001, 07:34 PM
Green acres, somtimes I am not there. I don't want to have to depend or worry about my guys picking the check up. What do you think about a once a month automatic withdraw.

Green Acres
01-31-2001, 07:53 PM
Your more loyal customers will probably be more likely to do this then the new ones. I'm not sure how the automatic withdraw works but I'm guessing you will need there bank acct number. If this is the case I wouldn't want to give my acct. number out to someone I just met. That's me though.

kutnkru
01-31-2001, 08:26 PM
Here's a recent thread on how some of us bill our clientel.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?threadid=9062

Hope this helps.
Kris

inside-out
01-31-2001, 10:12 PM
Green Acres did you ever join a gym or anything like that. Well they take your info. right away and debit your account within the next month. its either that or pay in full for the year. You are right that the regular customers would have no problem but do you really think the new ones would. you don't think that they are, now a days, trained for that. alot of services, in my area anyway, are automatic w/d. please tell me what you think. Thanks again for the feed back. I just trying to justfy it to myself to keep biling and waitng for money thats all.

inside-out
01-31-2001, 10:14 PM
Thankss for the link kutnkru I fond it very helpfull.