PDA

View Full Version : Stihl FC85 edger

grass_cuttin_fool
02-07-2005, 05:01 PM
I have been in search of a FC85 edger but they are being retired and not made any more. The only ones left are on a dealers shelf some where. I tried between 20 - 25 dealers in Va today with no luck. Does any one know where a new one might be? Especially in North Carolina maybe???? Might be time to make a road trip if someone finds one

cutnedge
02-07-2005, 06:19 PM
I found a local dealer here that has two left in stock. I was not aware that they were being discontinued so I might have to scoop one up myself. It's been a very reliable edger. Now I'm not sure how far you wanted to take that road trip, but they will ship--of course depending whether or not you wanted to invest in the extra shipping charge.

Fishin LCO
02-07-2005, 06:24 PM
Try Brady Outdoor Equipment(252-264-3141) if you like. They have a couple of locations in North Eastern North Carolina.

wrightlawn
02-07-2005, 08:03 PM
there were a couple of brand new ones that were christmas presents on ebay. last one i saw sold for 235

D&R
02-07-2005, 10:10 PM
The FC110 4mix are a better buy IMO (I know it stinks) However, the 4 mix have more torque which is what you need when edging.

Brianj
02-07-2005, 10:19 PM
but the 4 mix edger is only a straight shaft, i dont like it when you have to do alot of turning when edging

lawnman_scott
02-07-2005, 10:21 PM
What is it being replaced by? Will there just be 4cycle now?

D&R
02-07-2005, 10:38 PM
the 4 mix is still uses 50:1 mix, it just burns cleaner. Yes, it is the replacement.

FrankenScagMachines
02-07-2005, 10:39 PM
I am 99% sure I know of one here in my town new on the shelf for $327 but I couldn't swear to it. If you are interested I could check for you, of course then you got shipping. It is at a local hardware store that I always go to for hardware but not for equipment (lousy warranty service I have been warned) so i go to my dealer to buy equipment, but I remember going into the hardware two days after buying my FC85, and seeing it on sale for much much less than what I paid for mine... I just about had a cow! It was like $90 less and everything else they had in the store was exact same price as the dealer.... I guess they don't attract many commercial cutters to the hardware store and a homeowner is not likely to buy a FC85.. LOL...
anyway lemme know if you want me to check on it. Might be a good buy. My FC85 has been great, love the power. its a bit heavy but worth it.

Runner
02-07-2005, 11:08 PM
The same goes for the single attachments. Most of them are being discontinued in lieu of the combi systems. I tried getting a hedgetrimmer end this last season. There wasn't one to be found. Everyone had the straight ends, but I was lokking for the pivoting one. If anyone knows where one may be, please drop me a PM on it. Thanks.

The C Man
02-08-2005, 01:31 PM
but the 4 mix edger is only a straight shaft, i dont like it when you have to do alot of turning when edging
Please explain what you meant by that.

grass_cuttin_fool
02-09-2005, 11:26 AM
I found a local dealer here that has two left in stock. I was not aware that they were being discontinued so I might have to scoop one up myself. It's been a very reliable edger. Now I'm not sure how far you wanted to take that road trip, but they will ship--of course depending whether or not you wanted to invest in the extra shipping charge.
You may want to check again, he only has 1 in stock now, he he, Thanx for the tip and thanx to all that has contributed to this thread to help me find my new edger

grass_cuttin_fool
02-18-2005, 03:48 PM
The same goes for the single attachments. Most of them are being discontinued in lieu of the combi systems. I tried getting a hedgetrimmer end this last season. There wasn't one to be found. Everyone had the straight ends, but I was lokking for the pivoting one. If anyone knows where one may be, please drop me a PM on it. Thanks.

Joe check your pm's