PDA

View Full Version : husqvarna chainsaw????

man of stihl
02-07-2005, 05:27 PM
i went outside in the shed to get my chainsaw... i go to start it.. and it wont start. i take out the plug and clean it off.. put it all back together, and it still does nothing.. after about 20 times of this.. i pull it and it sputters white smoke out, then shuts off.. i just used this saw all day yesterday.. it idled a little wierd but it ran fine... any ideas on wuts wrong

its a husqvarna 61.. that is all i know

Randy J
02-07-2005, 05:45 PM
Strictly guessing here, but I had an old homelite do pretty much the same thing once. Turned out the fuel hose had detoriated and was sucking air instead of fuel. Might check it anyway.

treedoc1
02-07-2005, 07:27 PM
look inside the fuel tank.
the poly fuel lines and fuel filter need to be replaced occasionally.
My 61 is from 1981 and still starts easily and runs strong.

man of stihl
02-07-2005, 07:52 PM
i dont know that much about these things.... i dont think it is that.. its not even firing at all... i pull and it does nothing... then i thought it may be flooded so... i put it on off. no choke, full throttle.. pulled 10 times.. then back on, choke,, and still nothing happend????? any more ideas

LawnMowerBoy48
02-07-2005, 08:04 PM
Find out if there is a spark first. If there is clean the carb and the filters. If there isn't start looking at the ignition...possibly a short somewhere or something. Good luck

Westbrooklawn
02-08-2005, 10:17 AM
What LawnMowerBoy48 said..... I bet you don't have any spark, and my bet would be a bad on/off switch or connection to the switch. I would doubt a fuel problem because you ran it so recently.

man of stihl
02-08-2005, 04:31 PM
just got home from school and i went out to start it up.. just to see if she ran.. and it fired right up. it must have been flooded really really bad :dizzy: ... well thanx for all of ur help tho..

ed2hess
02-08-2005, 07:24 PM
This can come from chocking unit in cold weather...usually you can take out the spark plug blow it off and then it would start, if it happen again.

beransfixitinc
02-08-2005, 09:29 PM
This can come from chocking unit in cold weather...usually you can take out the spark plug blow it off and then it would start, if it happen again.

Hey Hess, what part of Austin is that?

man of stihl
02-08-2005, 10:25 PM
well... i went out today to cut down some trees... and before i left the saw ran fine. as i said.. i got out there and starting pullin this crap again. i said forget it.. and we just moved logs around with the truck.. :realmad: any more ideas

by the way.. its was 50 degrees today here