PDA

View Full Version : I Want Perfect

Rhett
02-07-2005, 06:23 PM
Have a new client who has an open wallet and the only stipulation is that he would like his estate to look like Disney Land. Have no problem with that but he gave me the numbers of the other contacters to deal with. They include the chem guys, the lighting guys, the irragation guys and the guys from the nursery. My question is how do I bill for the time spent with these guys. Time on the phone. Time on the property showing them what is needed. Time spent insuring they are doing thier jobs. Seem to be spending more time managing these other people than I actually spend on the propertyn myself.

Thanks

Rhett

LB1234
02-07-2005, 06:39 PM
% of total job--sort of like a referral and you use YOUR guys not the ones he stipulates. Use guys you know can do the job right. Everything else should be an hourly wage..IMO...perhaps not as much of an hourly wage as working with equipment..kinda like some people get paid to be "on-call"...

just my two cents worth.

Rhett
02-07-2005, 06:45 PM
I wish I could use the guys that I usually do business with but he already has them in place. Many of them are companies that he is affiliated with thru his many companies.

PMLAWN
02-07-2005, 06:58 PM
What are you doing. Are you in charge of total maintenance?
Maybe just do a contract for management.
Add up all the others numbers and charge 10% to manage.

YardPro
02-07-2005, 09:37 PM
we would charge hourly for the time it takes to deal with them.
explain this to the owner. he should have no problem with this.

Popsicle
02-07-2005, 10:09 PM
Like previous replies, I agree hourly billing is best. I have two large accounts (plus a couple little ones) that I handle the lawn and gardening. I manage the subs doing the pool, irrigation, fertilization, and some other services.

Rhett
02-09-2005, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the input. Have added hourly rate and charge for each time I must visit the property. Now I am off to price a 25 foot extended pole saw for the palms.

Thanks Rhett

Cobra Jock
02-09-2005, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the input. Have added hourly rate and charge for each time I must visit the property. Now I am off to price a 25 foot extended pole saw for the palms.

Thanks Rhett
Rhett, Just wanted to say Hi to a local LCO. I'm over in Bluewater Bay. Short 4 mile ride over to Destin across the Mid-bay. Take care

Greg

Rhett
02-10-2005, 09:37 PM
Hey Jock, Ready for the spring rush? Nice to see some local people here. Heck, you get over to Destin I will buy you the beverage of your choice. Now if I have to fight the traffic over to Niceville we will split. :p

Take Care
Rhett

PMLAWN
02-10-2005, 10:12 PM
Hay, all you FLA people, Any of you going to the John Deere training next week in Orlando. Me and one of my foreman are heading that way.