PDA

View Full Version : mulch pricing

touhey33
02-07-2005, 05:36 PM
How much do you guys charge for Mulch per yard, and how long does it take you to install 1 yard of mulch? Do you buy bagged or bulk?

Green Envy Lawn Mowing

BOTURF
02-07-2005, 05:50 PM
Maybe i charge to much or maybe not enough but i get 60 bucks per yard installed. i use bulk mulch as its easier to deal with and i buy it for 20 bucks a yard(double ground dark brown) except on the rare occasion if i use triple ground black gold i have to pay 28 bucks a yard then i charge 70 bucks installed per yard.

touhey33
02-07-2005, 05:59 PM
How long does it take you to put it down?

LB1234
02-07-2005, 06:41 PM
IMO...it's not an easy question to answer. A few variables that changes how much and how long:

1. What's the distance traveled from mulch pile to mulch bed?
2. Is this distance hilly or obstructive?
3. Can the wheelbarrels (if you even need them) get into the mulch bed?
3. Does the mulch bed have any flowers or delicate shrubs that you need to take care not to damage?
4. How much mulch and how many workers?

With all these variables/assumptions I would gestimate around 1.5-2 yards per hour per person.

Westbrooklawn
02-16-2005, 09:27 AM
LB1234 - Great answer. I would give the exact same advice.

The other factor to calculate into the productivity equation is fatigue. I you are doing one small mulch job (say 4 yds.) along with other typical maintenance for the day, you can probably figure 2 yds./manhour. If you are doing a large job which will be mulching all day, you won't average 2yds./manhour. This is physically taxing work and as the day wears on the productivity will drop.

Scraper
02-16-2005, 08:11 PM
$90-100/yard installed. I sub out to a mulch blower all jobs over 5 yards. He charges me $45 installed. I just have to edge out.

bbritt
03-08-2005, 12:26 PM
How much do you guys charge for Mulch per yard, and how long does it take you to install 1 yard of mulch? Do you buy bagged or bulk?

Green Envy Lawn Mowing
the price of mulch varies by the certain kind of mulch.i usually charge 40 bucks per yard spread and can take up to an hr. spread.and to answer last question always buy by the bulk youll get hammerd by buying buy the bag :waving: