PDA

View Full Version : New Flier

Lux Lawn
02-07-2005, 07:31 PM
Here is a draft of my new spring flier that I am sending out this year.I just got it back from the printer thats why it says "proof" on it.

roushjh
02-07-2005, 07:35 PM
I like it! Looks good to me.

tonygreek
02-07-2005, 07:49 PM
larry, that's a very nice piece of work. is that your handywork or did you hire out?
one of my favorite colors for a nice, contrasting impact is the blue that you used. btw, i use a similar color on my website and spring mailings, inserts, and flyers.

one picky thing... :) you've gone all this way to give a great image to your company and you've still got an adelphia.net email address?

go browns!
tony

Lux Lawn
02-07-2005, 08:02 PM
larry, that's a very nice piece of work. is that your handywork or did you hire out?
one of my favorite colors for a nice, contrasting impact is the blue that you used. btw, i use a similar color on my website and spring mailings, inserts, and flyers.

one picky thing... :) you've gone all this way to give a great image to your company and you've still got an adelphia.net email address?

go browns!
tony

Thank you Tony
Not my work thats for sure..My wife's son did it he works for about 6-10 of the major sporting teams in the country and does a lot of stuff like this.I am hopeing wesite will be next.I had my logo done about 10 years ago then he redesigned it a few years back for me.
Whats wrong with the email address?
Go Browns I hope so.

carbon737
02-07-2005, 08:20 PM
Looks great. I wish I could rack my brain for something like that. I'm still trying to decide what to do and how to do it

tonygreek
02-08-2005, 12:30 AM
sorry for the lack of clarity, larry. i was referring to something akin to larry@luxurylawn.com
i see you have a possible website on the backburner, so that will take care of that.

tiedeman
02-08-2005, 01:38 AM
looks sharp, I like it!

Lux Lawn
02-08-2005, 11:32 AM
sorry for the lack of clarity, larry. i was referring to something akin to larry@luxurylawn.com
i see you have a possible website on the backburner, so that will take care of that.

Tony
I see what your saying with the email address thiss is the first year that I put it on the fliers.

Lux Lawn
02-09-2005, 12:59 PM
I checked with a couple different printers on price's and order my fliers yesterday from http://vistaprint.com.I will be putting these flier's in the local newspaper cost is $34 per 1000 that you have inserted.

Lux Lawn
02-09-2005, 08:14 PM
Here is a better version of the flier.

Lux Lawn
02-09-2005, 08:40 PM
]Moderators please delete last post for me, thank you.

CaptainDing
02-09-2005, 09:25 PM
Wow! Larry...Thought you said you were not any good on the computer...LOL!! Looks great :cool2:

Eric 1
02-09-2005, 10:04 PM
Hey Lux-lawn, can i get you to re-post the attachment as a jpeg file. I cant seem to open the one you have posted

Lux Lawn
02-09-2005, 10:19 PM
The jpeg is not a good version but I will try.I colors are know where near as bright as the file its in now.It looks real fuzzy compared to the other one but you get the idea.

Z lawn care
02-10-2005, 07:55 PM
can u put that in word or something........i tried to open it but it wont let me open it to view it........

CaptainDing
02-10-2005, 08:07 PM
Zlawn... you need Adobe Reader to view a *.pdf file. Go to the adobe.com site and download it for free...Ding

Lux Lawn
02-10-2005, 08:08 PM
can u put that in word or something........i tried to open it but it wont let me open it to view it........

Right now I only have it saved two ways the jpeg which is not a good picture and in a tif file and I don't think this site take tif files.I got it back from the guy that designed it in the tif and the first file posted is from the printer.

Thanks Captainding

Green Dreams
02-10-2005, 09:49 PM
Nice and bright. I like it. How does "Angie's List" work for you? Its just now come to my area.

Thanks

Lux Lawn
02-11-2005, 11:47 AM
Nice and bright. I like it. How does "Angie's List" work for you? Its just now come to my area.

Thanks

I like being on "Angie's List " a lot it is a great place to advertise.Most of the people you are advertising to know what they are looking for so it just kind of up to you to sell yourself to them.I have been with them for 4 years now and have only had a problem with one customer I got from them.The hard part is getting put on the list because not anybody can get on you have to be put on by an active member then the more reports that a written about you the better your standings are with them.I think if you get a certain number of reports in a 6 month period you can get put on there Honor Roll (something I got last year) and get a discout on advertising.

fga
02-11-2005, 12:07 PM
larry,
that's the crappiest flyer i have ever seen.. :)

that's awesome. i can hardly afford to make simple color fleyers, you got magazine quality there! whattype of paper are you going to put those on? will it lose something if you put it on regular typing paper? i don't know the name of the other paper, but you know that thicker one, alittle glossy, i think you wouls need that to keep the quality of the flyer.
what did it cost you to make the draft? and what do you think it will cost to produce a good amount of flyers? payup

i tried a few times and made nice color flyers, but it was so much money to produce them. even my bills i went to a black and white for that reason. it comes out here, on regular paper, to about 1.10 - 1.50 for (1) color copy. the balck and whites are about .10.
the color is a hell of alot nicer, and a definite eye grabber though, so maybe it will really pay off.
what do you think?

Lux Lawn
02-11-2005, 12:16 PM
larry,
that's the crappiest flyer i have ever seen.. :)

that's awesome. i can hardly afford to make simple color fleyers, you got magazine quality there! whattype of paper are you going to put those on? will it lose something if you put it on regular typing paper? i don't know the name of the other paper, but you know that thicker one, alittle glossy, i think you wouls need that to keep the quality of the flyer.
what did it cost you to make the draft? and what do you think it will cost to produce a good amount of flyers? payup

i tried a few times and made nice color flyers, but it was so much money to produce them. even my bills i went to a black and white for that reason. it comes out here, on regular paper, to about 1.10 - 1.50 for (1) color copy. the balck and whites are about .10.
the color is a hell of alot nicer, and a definite eye grabber though, so maybe it will really pay off.
what do you think?

I am having them printed from vistaprin.com,not sure the what the paper is called but I think it is a lttle thicker then regular copy paper.Maybe#100. I sure hope that the color fliers payoff a little more then the one's I have done in the past.I am going to start with 10,000 of them.

Team Gopher
02-11-2005, 04:21 PM
Hi Lux Lawn,

Great job. I really hope they bring you a lot of business this year.

Expert Lawns
05-04-2005, 01:57 PM
not sure if anyone mentioned it, but "snowplowing" is 2 words. the ad looks great though!

walker-talker
05-06-2005, 02:37 PM
Looks good and I wish you luck! I had some very professional looking flyers that I dropped off at a garage sale (while I was hanging flyers on doorknobs) a few weeks ago. I ended up doing work for the guy that had the garage sale. I asked if anyone took some flyers. He said yes, but he got a lot of comments like "Wow, that's a very professional looking flyer, that must be a big outfit and cost a mint!". That could be a contributing factor to why I had such a poor response rate (25,000 flyers delivered via neighborhood newsletters with less than 20 calls and only 3 mowing accounts), but who really knows. If I am going to market mowing again, I think I will use some cheap clipart on black and white to give people the perception that I work out of a beat up truck and will mow a lawn for $15. At least I would get the phone to ring!