PDA

View Full Version : Contract ? Not looking for examples

scottishmaximus
02-07-2005, 08:27 PM
I was wondering how others get their contracts to their customers. Last couple of years I went door to door and filled out the information on two separate sheets. One was their copy, one was mine. Does anyone use carbon copies?? I was thinking about switching to this so that they have a true copy, and save some time, but don't have a clue where to have them made. Any ideas?

Do others just mail them out? I would think most customers enjoy the one to one communication. I am tempted in doing this since I've had the same customers for years.

drsogr
02-07-2005, 08:33 PM
There are plenty of placees to have contracts made. Kinko's will make them fairly inexpensive, but if you search around on the internet you can find better deals. I would suggest that if you have carbon copys made that you have at least 3 layers. You may not need it, but it looks more professional. Someone had a good article about that some where on here.

HOOLIE
02-07-2005, 11:07 PM
I use the 3-part type. I do the estimate, leave 2 copies for them, keep one for myself. Then when they sign up they can send back one copy and still have a copy for their records.

scottishmaximus
02-07-2005, 11:31 PM
I'll probably go with the carbon copies. Keep one, mail 2 to them, and have them send one back if they want services.

About how much should i expect something like this to cost?? Not sure where the local kinkos are, I'll try a Staples.

Dallas Turf
02-08-2005, 01:37 AM
Pick up a dot matrix printer and a box of 3 part forms. Keep page three for your records when you do an estimate and leave pg 1&2. Always get page 1 back because it copies and faxes better if needed later.

tiedeman
02-08-2005, 01:37 AM
I don't use contracts until after one season the customers has been with me. I know that it may be a gamble, but it doesn't pressure the customer into anything and it gives me time to build trust with them before I give them the paperwork

I usually just give them an estimate to start out with that they sign to agree on the price, nothing more.