PDA

View Full Version : Marketing to Multi-Million Dollar houses?

KINGjosh
02-07-2005, 09:46 PM
There is gated community going up with about 50 multi million dollar houses. My question is how would I market to these people? Thier are about 1 or 2 that already have some poeple living in them. But you can not get into the gate, they will not let anybody in, unless you have the proper crudentails. How would I even find out what the adress's are to these houses so i could mail them something. And the hard part would be knowing when they actually moved in so i could mail them at the right time before they get somone else?

Any suggestions?

carbon737
02-07-2005, 10:05 PM
I assume this is not a sub.... If the builders demo is still there I would talk to the propery manager and ask to place flyerand or info pertaining to your company and what you have to offer. I also suggest you network with other companies with services you do not offer. This way you will have your foot a little more in the door.
Good Luck'

KINGjosh
02-07-2005, 10:16 PM
They buy the land and then they have to find thier own biulder. That is what this pest guy said I was talking to.

KINGjosh
02-07-2005, 10:18 PM
Is there no way of finding adress's on line? Without out even knowing the street adress?

HOOLIE
02-08-2005, 12:04 AM
They have a guard on duty for 2 residents?

There's most likely a separate construction entrance for this place, they are not taking heavy equipment and dump trucks thru the gate and tearing the entrance up. But it's better to do it right. I would inquire at the gate, maybe they'll let you leave a few business cards or flyers.

tiedeman
02-08-2005, 02:39 AM
yup, I would ask at the gate. They should have some type of # or contact for you to inquire about

YardPro
02-08-2005, 09:10 AM
this is not an insult, so please don't get upset,
but be very careful with gammer and spelling if you do any mailings. these people are more than like very well educated and will notice is something is spelled like crudentials.

i would suggest getting in tough with the homeowners association and presenting them with your credentals, etc.
they can then put you on an "approved" contractor list.
if it is a new neighborhood that has not yet formed an association, then you should contact the developer.

GarPA
02-08-2005, 09:19 AM
just an idea...before the gate I would imagine there are realtor signs somewhere close by or at the gate area. Personally , I would call the realty company and see if they can help you get connected to the right people. Sometimes homeowner assoc's dont get up and running until after more than a few homes are occupied.
If you are lucky enough to find one of the realty persons who will help you that would be great...but...dont be surprised if the real estate agents blow you off. Put on your thick skin and see if you can get your foot in door.

lqmustang
02-08-2005, 09:20 AM
but be very careful with gammer and spelling if you do any mailings. these people are more than like very well educated and will notice is something is spelled like crudentials.

i would suggest getting in tough with the homeowners association and presenting them with your credentals, etc.
if it is a new neighborhood that has not yet formed an association, then you should contact the developer.

Sorry, but I couldn't resist a post about grammar and spelling with grammar and spelling errors. :p :p :p

MMLawn
02-08-2005, 10:15 AM
Sorry, but I couldn't resist a post about grammar and spelling with grammar and spelling errors. :p :p :p

Yeah me too! But it is funny. Not only did he misspell "grammar" that he was getting on this guy for but he even mispelled the word that he was getting on to him for misspelling!

captaingreen
02-08-2005, 10:46 AM
ROTFLMAO Ya it is pretty funny when someone makes an a$$ of himself when trying to make an a$$ of someone else, priceless........... :rolleyes:

JustMowIt
02-08-2005, 11:48 AM
There is gated community going up with about 50 multi million dollar houses. My question is how would I market to these people? Thier are about 1 or 2 that already have some poeple living in them. But you can not get into the gate, they will not let anybody in, unless you have the proper crudentails. How would I even find out what the adress's are to these houses so i could mail them something. And the hard part would be knowing when they actually moved in so i could mail them at the right time before they get somone else?

Any suggestions?

All the addresses for those homes can be located on the county tax website. In our area the site is www.collincad.org, this is where we locate the lot sizes for pricing & you can input a street name & it will give all the house numbers that correspond with that street. You can put together a mailing for all these homes that are occupied.

KINGjosh
02-08-2005, 04:57 PM

Oh I assure you that when i mail them something all the proper spell checks will be taken. When i type on this site i dont care about puncuation, spelling, capitalization, or proper grammer. I didn't take it as an insult by the way.
Thanks to every ones replies, i think i am going to bs with the front gate and find out at least the street name so i could start my mailings. Anyone deal with very wealthy poeple and how are they?

Littleriver1
02-08-2005, 07:17 PM
I thought to point in a gated community was to keep riff raff like us out. Find out who is doing the lawn installation and try to get him to help you out.

MMLawn
02-08-2005, 07:37 PM
Anyone deal with very wealthy poeple and how are they?

We do the homes of a couple present NFL Players and a couple former ones, a former NBA player and several older and very weathly business owners and actually they are some of our best clients.

Mower63
02-08-2005, 11:35 PM
Good luck on the mailings...let us know how you do. Frankly I've had zero success with mailings to high-end property owners. I have some accounts in Manalapan (you should know where that is) on the ocean. All of these were through referrals and networking with real estate agents, property management companies and the like. Gated communities are tough to get into...I agree with comments about contacting the builder/developer. Usually they act as the HOA/POA president until enough of the home owners move in and elect a board.

I also suggest you educate yourself about HOAs / POAs in Florida so you understand how the process of the board works, how they budget for services, etc. It would help you out.

BTW, I understand you spell check etc when dealing with customers. However I'd suggest you make it a habit to ALWAYS conduct yourself in a professional manner...you never know when your next contact with another person is going to be the one that brings you $$$. Not a dig, just an observation.

Good luck.

GarPA
02-09-2005, 05:50 AM
Good advice Mower63 gave you. I consider myself to be a very good speller but occasionally I still send something out to a customer or prospect with errors. Often it's because I leave out a word in a sentence, or I spell the word right but its the wrong word for that sentence. Spell check does not help in these 2 scenarios. First impressions are VERY important when the first contact with your company occurs and so you can't be too careful with your documents. I will sometimes have my wife read a proposal because I am "too close" to the document and sometimes don't see the error when I proof it.

YardPro
02-09-2005, 09:10 AM
Oh I assure you that when i mail them something all the proper spell checks will be taken. When i type on this site i dont care about puncuation, spelling, capitalization, or proper grammer. I didn't take it as an insult by the way.
Thanks to every ones replies, i think i am going to bs with the front gate and find out at least the street name so i could start my mailings. Anyone deal with very wealthy poeple and how are they?

no problem,
i was not cracking on you at all. i see it must have come off that way, but that was not the intent....

i was just pointing out that this will be very important when marketing to these people. I am a terrible speller, so i was not cracking on your spelling...
Most realtors will probably blow you off, as they would be wasting time with you since they are not making any money from thier time spent with you.. just send them a letter, and some business cards and express your interest in the homes in this area, and ask them to keep you in mind if the buyers need help setting up services..

most established realtors will have a short " contractor list" with people they recommend. i wouldn't try and set up an appointment with them or anything.. Might seem like an annoyance to them...

and as for your last line... That's the only clients we deal with. 90% of our homes are $750K to $1million plus VACATION homes..
the condo's we maintain are $180 unit $275K units..
we will not take on a home under $500K...

that's WHY i expressed the importance on your letters to them , have them proof read. spell checks won't catch every spelling and grammer error. (i fully realize that HERE it's not important)

i