PDA

View Full Version : What do ya think of this companies Doorhangers?

gogetter
02-08-2005, 06:39 PM
These guys make the door hangers that a lot of pizza places use, you know, the lighter stock paper, with no gloss and only 1 or 2 colors usually.

They're sort of plain, but they did send me some examples of ones they've done for landscapers, and they were pretty nice looking.

And you can't beat that deal they have, buy 5,000 get 5,000 free!

What do you guys think?

http://www.adsmark.com/details.htm

P.S. I wish I could figure out how to link the example they e-mailed me for you guys to see. Maybe someone else who's more computer literate could inquire about their landscaper examples and then post them here???

gogetter
02-08-2005, 06:42 PM
I think I got it. Here's one:

http://us.f302.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowLetter/CMLandscapeedit.jpg?viewimg=1&box=Inbox&MsgId=5650_20902_10780_1040_1144800_0_50104_1496753_4105196376&bodyPart=2.4&filename=CMLandscapeedit.jpg&tnef=&YY=80320&order=down&sort=date&pos=1

Not really sure I'm linking that properly. They actually sent me like 4-5 examples, but that was the only one I could see (it was already open in my mail). The others are in attachments, and I can't seem to open them.

Maybe I can forward the e-mail to someone and they can open them, and post them here?

1MajorTom
02-08-2005, 06:51 PM
Jonathan,
You may e-mail me if you like, and I'll post them for you. I have to go make dinner now, but I'll be back.
Probably29@yahoo.com

gogetter
02-09-2005, 10:56 AM
bump................

Lawn-Scapes
02-10-2005, 02:32 AM
That looks like a really good deal to me.

walker-talker
02-10-2005, 06:51 AM
Sounds like a great deal to me, especially if funds are limited.

gogetter
02-10-2005, 09:54 AM
Were you guys able to see the sample I linked above?
I really wish I could figure out how to post the other examples they sent me, I think they're pretty decent looking for the money. Obviously they aren't high gloss, full color and all, but still professional looking.

And since money IS tight, I will probably go with these this year and see how they do. Can always change next year if need be.

Now I just need to figure out a nice layout and have them (or someone) design it for me, 'cause I'm sure not capable of doing it (It sucks being computer stupid!). Any takers? ;-)

Mclaughld
02-10-2005, 04:30 PM
Notice they add their tag line to the bottom of the door hanger. Cost $80 to have them remove it. Still a good deal.

Lawn-Scapes
02-10-2005, 05:58 PM
Jonathan.. what format are the examples in? You can email them to me if you want.. go to my website through my profile.

gogetter
02-10-2005, 06:07 PM
Here's another example of one of their landscape related doorhangers.
Picture it with the door knob hole at the top. I re-sized it to fit.
Kinda simple, but you get the idea. I'd want them to design something a little more eye catching.

gogetter
02-10-2005, 06:17 PM
Jonathan.. what format are the examples in? You can email them to me if you want..

Thanks Tom, but I've been playing around and I'm sort of getting the hang of it..........I think!.
I have one more that I'm going to post here..........as soon as I figure out how I just did the last one LOL!

Thanks again though.

gogetter
02-10-2005, 06:30 PM
Last one..........:

Lawn-Scapes
02-10-2005, 06:46 PM
Well.. I just sent them an email to have doorhangers made. I sent them a file of my home-made flier to see what they can come up with.

gogetter
02-11-2005, 09:36 AM
Cool hopefully you'll share it with us when it's done. You going to put them out yourself Tom?

Lawn-Scapes
02-11-2005, 09:46 AM
I may help pass them out but I have a friend that wants to handle the sales end of my business. He is going to do most of the distributing himself and handle all of the estimating. He will earn 10% of any new business he closes.

Team Gopher
02-11-2005, 04:36 PM
Hi gogetter,

Good job! Let us know how they work out for you.

Lawn-Scapes
02-17-2005, 02:37 AM
Well.. it's been a few days and I have received NO contact from these people. Have to look elsewhere.......

Shane Scaife
02-17-2005, 02:49 AM
I am having them do some work for me. They sent me some temp plates to work with and we worked out a good looking door hanger. They will be printing 10,000. I did send them my own idea and they said it would cost more to have it done my way and was a lot cheaper to use their temp plate. It's costing me $422 for the 10,000 with shipping.

walker-talker
02-17-2005, 06:18 AM
I may help pass them out but I have a friend that wants to handle the sales end of my business. He is going to do most of the distributing himself and handle all of the estimating. He will earn 10% of any new business he closes.
Is that to say he receives 10% of revenue generated from a mowing client?

I am not knocking it, just curious. I had proposed an idea to a friend of mine a couple years ago. I told him if he passed out doorhangers and any new mowing clients that signed with me, he would get the income equivelant to two weeks of mowing, which sounds slightly less than what you are offering. I am offering 3 free mowings this year for all new business which is closer to what you are offering your guy, but I still have to give the estimates. I wouldn't want it any other way. You must trust that guy well if you let him give the estimates.

gogetter
02-17-2005, 12:59 PM
Well.. it's been a few days and I have received NO contact from these people. Have to look elsewhere.......

Tom, are you sure there wasn't a problem with e-mail maybe? This guy has gotten back to me within 24 hours both times I contacted him.
Maybe there was a mix up of some sort.

I'd say give him a call to make certain that he got your e-mail before you make a decision. Good luck.

Lawn-Scapes
02-17-2005, 01:21 PM
Is that to say he receives 10% of revenue generated from a mowing client?

I am not knocking it, just curious. I had proposed an idea to a friend of mine a couple years ago. I told him if he passed out doorhangers and any new mowing clients that signed with me, he would get the income equivelant to two weeks of mowing, which sounds slightly less than what you are offering. I am offering 3 free mowings this year for all new business which is closer to what you are offering your guy, but I still have to give the estimates. I wouldn't want it any other way. You must trust that guy well if you let him give the estimates.

Yes walker... that's what I'm saying. He will receive 10% of the yearly revenue for any business that he sells. I trust him.. We have become good friends and he was in the business for quite a few years. So he is not totally in the dark when it comes to estimating.

Jonathan... I don't know? Here's where I sent 2 emails to: information@flyerprinting.com

gogetter
02-17-2005, 02:38 PM
Tom, on that site it says to email questions to: mark@printstart.com

The e-mails I've received from him came from: printstart@yahoo.com

Hope this helps.

Lawn-Scapes
02-17-2005, 03:28 PM
Hmmm.. Okay. I resent to the one you provided. I'm not sure what page I got the other email from. His webpages are linked every which way.. a little confusing. :dizzy:

Thanks Jonathan.

Lawn-Scapes
03-03-2005, 08:54 PM
Jonathan.. did you order doorhangers? If so.. do you have them yet?

I'm waiting for the final layout.

Shane Scaife
03-05-2005, 12:36 AM
I just got my 10,000 (5000 free) in yesterday. They did look good but the paper was a little thiner than I would have like. I was thinking it was like card stock but it's not that thick. Thicker than reg paper though.

Also you have to pop out the holes. I'm not sure if others come with the holes in them or not.

Lawn-Scapes
03-05-2005, 11:39 AM
What do you mean pop out the holes? Is it not cut at all? Is it perferated and you just have to poke 'em out?

walker-talker
03-05-2005, 11:47 AM
The doorhangers I got from postcard warehouse two years ago came with the hole just perforated. It was no big deal to take them out. Pop out a handful and a time, it's easy that way.

Shane Scaife
03-05-2005, 11:00 PM
JUst like Walker said.

Jerry and Sons
03-07-2005, 07:36 PM
I called for the door hanger pormotion and did not recieve a call back for three buisness days. Whats up with that. I felt that if they can't return a phone call the i can't trust them with my order. I ordered my door hangers from gotprint.com.