PDA

View Full Version : Welcome/new season letter

bjslawnservice
02-08-2005, 08:11 PM
Hey everyone,

I have been thinking of putting together a letter for new season. Iím just trying to figure out the best way to let the customers know of a price increase and that their services will be continued this year unless they call and cancel their services. Any ideas or examples would be great! They sure would be very helpful!

Thank,
William Jordan

LB1234
02-08-2005, 08:32 PM
We send out a letter at the beginning of every year...but it is for them to call us to say they want to use again, not to call is if they don't. I find it's better to speak with your customer beforehand. You know, a little customer service. Hello Mr. Doe how was your winter? Are you looking forward to the warmer weather? Just seems better. IMHO, I think if you send something around saying we will renew unless you call is asking for trouble...and I'm talking from a legal standpoint. Not sure you would have a leg to stand on.

As far as the actual letter...I like to use a standard letter but personalize it a little. Something along the lines of we serviced you last year for this amount. To utilize us again it will be X amount. Perhaps you can add things in like we noticed their was a bare spot in your yard in a high traffic area if you'd like we could overseed it for X amount. I'm not suggesting to BS them, be honest. But at the same time let them know you are thinking about the care of their property and what needs to be done/could be done. Just my two cents worth.

bjslawnservice
02-08-2005, 11:02 PM
Hey,

Thanks for the advice! Your right, I have it so that they will call me and talk. And if they dont call by a date, I will give them a call and make sure. I guess I'll see how that works out.

William Jordan

HOOLIE
02-09-2005, 12:17 AM
I have experience with both methods, and I have to tell you, it works a lot better to just auto-renew the customers. I have my customers on an open-ended service agreement. It just keeps going until I hear otherwise.

Too much phone tag, wasted man-hours involved in tracking down and speaking with each customer. If you like, just send a letter stating that mowing services will begin around such-and-such date.