PDA

View Full Version : Winter Months

sparcolawn
02-09-2005, 11:40 AM
Does anyone just sit back and relax the entire winter and just live off of summer earnings? if so hows that going? i have been able to do that fairly well this season

goodgreen
09-30-2005, 07:20 AM
Just curious - I've been part time for about 5 years but am thinking seriously about full time next year. What did you figure you had to make to take the winter off? I'm thinking I could do the same, or just do some part-time snow removal.

DistLawns
10-30-2005, 11:13 PM
This is my first year attempting to take the winters off. The way im doing it is I'M paying most of my bigger bills in advance thru the winter. hoping to have about 4 grand saved up. I bill my my fall cleanups at the end of Nov. so I have income coming in untill about christmas time.this leaves about 3 months of no income coming in,(except for my part time refering basketball) untill April when I begin spring cleanups. I haven't done this b4 so I don't know if it will work or not, but this is my theory on how to get by.

BeautifulBlooms
11-12-2005, 10:15 AM
Hoping to do this in a couple years, but the business needs employees in order to manage this. I figured it out the other day if weather was good for 9 straight months with just my wife and I working monday thru friday 8 hours per day we would make $100,000 total. Thats not bad, but that is under ideal weather etc. The way we are going to have to do it is run 2 man crews, where we charge per man hour and make $10 - $20 per hour for every hour our employee works. Sounds evil, but thats life, we have the money to start the business and the knowledge to make it grow. Odds are that employee will learn this eventually and try and start their own business, but it depends on their skillset and knowledge of what they are doing.