PDA

View Full Version : Estimate Form - free to use

Carriage House
02-09-2005, 12:45 PM
I recently posted a thread regarding the necessary forms needed in a typical transaction. I received a very luke ward response, so let me try it this way.

I've attached an excel file that is an estimate form that I plan on using. I can either type it and mail it to the potential customer or hand write it on the fly. I print out the attach form on my own letter head and am pleased with the results. Perhaps down the road I will have my printer make some up in either two or three part forms. The attached file is similar to one posted here earlier and used by NEBS, but I find an excel file more versatile.

That being said and offered to the users of this site... what else do I need? What forms are necessary in the typical transaction? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

*** my apologies, it appears you can not attach excel files, not sure why or why not, but I saved it as a work doc and uploaded it... I hope it still helps someone out there...
Thanks,
Kris

Lux Lawn
02-09-2005, 01:23 PM
Nice looking form you made,good luck with it i'm sure you will get a good response from it I may even use it.
Thanks.

PLM-1
02-09-2005, 01:52 PM
Looks good. 1 thing...you spelled shrubs wrong, forgot the "r".

Carriage House
02-09-2005, 02:32 PM
oops try this.... It's nice having that extra set of eyes, I guess I was looking at it so long, I didn't even see it.

Markf
02-09-2005, 03:14 PM
Kris,
I think it is a very professional looking form. May I use it or incorporate pieces of it into mine? One suggestion, I would see if you could get the entire form on one sheet of 8 1/2 x 11. People have a habit of losing bids especially if there is more than one sheet. If I remember correctly, there is a button on Microsoft Word that allows the entire document to be placed on one sheet. Just remembered, go to the page preview under file. Click Page Preview, it should open another window that allows you to see your document, albeit reduced. Look for Shrink to fit. It may be an icon or an actual push button. Good Luck.
Mark

Carriage House
02-09-2005, 03:25 PM
Mark,

I know exactly what you mean. Infact, my original (in excel) is only one page... for some reason word is unable to fit it to one page, even with no margins etc...

I don't understand why I wasn't able to post an excel file, granted it was not one of the types of allowed files. If anyone would like, I can e-mail it to them and they are more than welcome to use, alter etc...

Should I include a place for the customer to sign, if they indeed accept the bid?? Or is it preferred to write up a contract or is that only for an entire seasons worth of work?

Lux Lawn
02-09-2005, 03:37 PM
I agree with Mark if it fit on one page it would be a lot better.You could add a place for them to sign it I don't think that would take anything away from it at all or for the mowing part you could add a spot for SEASON CONTRACT.The one form that NEBS has is like that.
Just a thought.

Eric 1
02-09-2005, 08:42 PM
Hey thats nice. Thanks.

What program did you use to create it?

ProSvcs
02-10-2005, 09:34 AM
I believe the site will except .zip files as an attachment. You can either zip it or just rename the file to have a different ext, then when folks download it they can rename it back to .xls.

Jim

Bill Boroskey
02-10-2005, 09:52 AM
Don't want to make waves but, that is a NEBS business form. You can buy those in a pad that are all on one sheet. I bought my first box years ago.

I am not sure the apply here, but watch out for copyright issues

Bill

CaptainDing
02-10-2005, 01:04 PM
That's funny...looks just like the excel sheet I have been sending out for months now. It amazes me how similar it looks...but oh that's right, you created it...sorry! LOL!!! If it's credit you need, I'll let you have the next one too.....CaptainDing

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=90976

Carriage House
02-10-2005, 01:12 PM
First of all, CaptainDing, I mentioned that I used a previous post and NEBS as a reference point and if you recall all anyone could do was 'look' at yours. In an attempt to get some further feedback to my question I offered up mine in excel or word so someone could actually use it. Believe me you can have any and all credit I was just hoping to my questions answered.

I think I will go back to just reading the threads rather than posting. I was hoping to get some insight from members on this site. Sorry to have bothered anyone.

CaptainDing
02-10-2005, 01:18 PM
If you would read the entire post on mine to begin with you would have seen it was an excel file to begin with.

Hello to all! I have been browsing this site for some time and have learned from some really good people on this site. I am just in the starting stages of beginning a lawn care business and wanted to make sure I have everything right before I get into something without all my ducks in a row. Went down and got my business license, getting quotes for vehicle and equipment insurance, getting quotes for liability insurance, getting info for taxes, and want to talk to an accountant. Haven't started yet and wont until I am legal..to much to risk...and way to much bashing from members on this site. I just want to get it right hopefully the first time. I am 3 years from retiring from the fire service after 33 long years and want something to do when I retire. I purchased a 7x14 14000lb hydraulic dump trailer and soon hope to get a tractor. I want to do driveways, building pads, field mowing, brush removal, tilling, aeration, mulch delivery, dirt delivery, some residential mowing (with a mower not the tractor) and whatever other work I can get with the tractor and mower. I will be going solo except for the little lady will be helping too. Anyway, now that you know where I am coming from, I made something in excel that maybe some of you might be able to use. I think I have most of the bugs worked out but am not sure. It is an estimate sheet that is based on a sheet that I saw Gatorland Care says he is using made by Nebs. I think the one he is using is just printed out on carbon less paper and you fill it in by hand. I wanted something easier so I made a sheet using excel. You can fill all the info in using your computer. It is customizable to your needs and tax rate. You can enter the quantity and the price and it will figure it out for you without having to add in your head. In the Labor section you can put in your hourly rates and amount of hours and it will figure it out. The only thing I am unsure of is.....Is labor, delivery, or equipment charge taxable? Maybe someone can help me out on this. If anyone is interested in it give me a shout and I will be glad to pass it on to you. It's my way of saying thank you for all I have learned on this site. Seems like it might do some people good but it might also be too generic for others. Well thanks again and please let me know if Labor, Delivery charges, and Equipment charges are taxable items that I charge to a customer......Thanks CaptainDing

kipcom
02-10-2005, 01:54 PM
WWAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :cry:

cry babies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

go get your bottle................ :cool2:

CaptainDing
02-10-2005, 02:25 PM
Kipcom...you're absolutely right! I should be ashamed...whinning like a two year old. Anyway brought some drama to my day...must have woke up under the bed :angry: Sorry guys!

Markf
02-10-2005, 09:15 PM
Kris,
email me the form in word and I will try to get it on one sheet. If I cannot, we have computer whiz kids at the school that probably can do it.
markfothe@msn.com
Mark

Bill Boroskey
02-11-2005, 10:55 AM
Sorry Carriage House

My Eyes must be failing :dizzy:

Team Gopher
02-11-2005, 03:34 PM
Hi Carriage House,

Thanks for sharing your business form.