PDA

View Full Version : Billing system

blade11
02-01-2001, 11:43 AM
Just wanting to know if anyone has any recommendations as far as a basic billing system goes. Is there a good computer program to use? A decent proportion of my clietele are elderly and they tend to talk my ear off when it is time to collect the money. I would be able to get more done in a day if contact were kept to a minumum and I could just mail my clients their bill. Do you recommend billing every two weeks, monthly, or what? Thanks for the feedback!

bridges
02-01-2001, 01:42 PM
Mine clients seem to thing i got all to listen to there promblems. So i know what you mean.

I send my bills out monthly. And as far as software goes i use lawnmonkey.

Tony

David Hickerson
02-01-2001, 02:11 PM
Basic bliing system?

Program called "My Deluxe Invoices" I purchased this at best buy. It served its purpose for $25. If you plan on growing your biz look into Lawm Monkey or Clip

Groundcover Solutions
02-01-2001, 03:01 PM
We bill monthly!! We also use quick books pro, it works great for what i need it to. We also mail our bills, might change to just leaving a bag with logo and things on it with the bill. Chimlawn does this arund me i am looking in to see the price per bag if it is somewear around 34 cents i will probably go with that!! What do you guys think.

russman
02-01-2001, 03:07 PM
For a while I made up own invoices but the last few years I have used Quickbooks. This works great and has helped me keep track of all of my accounts

SLC1
02-01-2001, 03:21 PM
We use the GRASS billing service company, we rent a credit card machine monthly and all customers have a code and all work has a number we punch in all work done at the end of the day and at the end of the month send all information over phone line to billing service and they take care of the rest it works excellent and is very easy and not that much money. We use it for about 80% of our accounts will not be good for all accounts and is not that good for snow work but as for weekly cutting and monthly contracts it is the best thing we ever invested in. Just My two cents

Evan528
02-01-2001, 03:25 PM
I also use "my deluxe incoices and estimates". This program saves me a good hour over my old microsoft word style billing. I just recently purchased the pre printed forms from nebs to work witht the software and the bills look very perfessional. I now use window envolopes instead of printing out envolopes every month. I would definitly recomend this program if you strictly need a "billing" program.

chrisbolte
02-01-2001, 04:47 PM
i bill monthly. It is the best way. Postage gets expensive.

rats5656
02-01-2001, 05:02 PM
I USE QUICK BOOKS MONTHLY and i think it work ok

cutting edge
02-01-2001, 05:33 PM
Hometown,

I think NEBS has a doorhanger for billing that doubles as the return envelope (has your name and address preprinted), and I believe it was cheaper than a stamp.

HOMER
02-01-2001, 06:40 PM
Proventure Invoice program. It isn't Clip or Lawn Monkey but it keeps up with everyone you have billed, prints envelopes off the program and prints out a nice looking invoice. Keeps a customer history as well, enter any special things you might have done. I bill monthly as well.