PDA

View Full Version : Hows this for a business card?

1BadHawk
02-11-2005, 10:46 AM
I designed a couple different BUSINESS CARDS (http://perficut.fotopic.net/c427811.html) . Same theme, just a slightly different layout or font.

Im going to work on a some more with totaly different themes. But for now I ve come up with 3 or 4, take a look if you dont mind, and give me your feedback.

Thanks

Doc_2482
02-11-2005, 10:51 AM
they look good !
i really like the first one on your site.

northmichigan
02-11-2005, 11:02 AM
I designed a couple different BUSINESS CARDS (http://perficut.fotopic.net/c427811.html) . Same theme, just a slightly different layout or font.

Im going to work on a some more with totaly different themes. But for now I ve come up with 3 or 4, take a look if you dont mind, and give me your feedback.

Thanks
i like your choice of pictures in your cards but the lettering of 'perficut' seems out of place. kind of like a jr.high gothic look that doesn't fit the rest of the card. you misspelled a word on the last card. the picture is the theme of the card match all lettering to that theme. use the same lettering thoughout the card.
respectfully,
mj

Edgewater
02-11-2005, 11:05 AM
I like the second one, but one suggestion. Cange the color of the text that lists the services to something like a tame orange or yellow. I just find that the aqua blue doesn't go with the other colors.

Adam

FrankenScagMachines
02-11-2005, 11:06 AM
They look good. BTW, edging is spelled "edging" not "edgeing".
You'd be great with whichever one you choose. I sort of lean more toward 3 or 4 though. I think due to the text font that you used to list your services.

tonygreek
02-11-2005, 11:41 AM
i completely agree that the font does not work within the context of the rest of the card and prefer 4 for that reason.

Lawn-Scapes
02-11-2005, 12:36 PM
Are there palm trees in Glen Burnie? I don't think I'd use the first one. :)

I like the 4th one best.

MMLawn
02-11-2005, 12:43 PM
Much to busy and the font used is way out of place

Carolina Cutter
02-11-2005, 12:50 PM
OK....well I feel like playing Devil's advocate today so I will respond. Now those who know me know that I am fair and non-biased and I am willing to help anyone as I can.

So here goes......

I like it.....looks very good.......from a fellow lawncare operator's standpoint.

But, standing back and forgetting that I do this for a living......looking at it from a more customer type point of view........

I probably would not call you.

You look VERY expensive with that card....outta my price range.

I am not trying to make you mad or hurt anyone's feelings.....just thought I would try to look at it more from a customer's point of view as I have been trying to do with everything lately. Sometimes I think we get so gadget happy that we forget the basics and that is where the bread and butter come from.....but that is just my $.02.

I really do like it......but I have to ask myself..."do I like it from a LCO point of view or from a customers?"

Carolina Cutter
02-11-2005, 12:51 PM
And exactly what is "grass custting??"

Lux Lawn
02-11-2005, 12:52 PM
I like the picture's but I agree that it's the wrong fonts.Maybe try weekly maintenance or lawn maintenace instead of listing trimming,edging and grass cutting then you have room for something else.

Just a thought.

MMLawn
02-11-2005, 12:55 PM
I tend to agree Merlin. Maybe I am old school but in some cases I think simple is better. Now I could afford (those cards btw will be expensive if a printer does them) any card I want but I chose plain old white with black print, Company Name, Phone Number, address, www site and my name as owner (because I personally guarantee each clients service).

Now I know color probably sells, but I have never had anyone ask for my business card and then say no I changed my mind.

I think sometimes in business you can get too wrapped up in what is really minor stuff, the business cards, logos, letter head, etc and forget the basics such as actually working hard, doing great work, properly advertising in plain simple english without expensive smoke and mirrors and getting the clients through that.

JimLewis
02-11-2005, 03:28 PM
i completely agree that the font does not work within the context of the rest of the card and prefer 4 for that reason.

I agree with this too. The font on the first 3 cards drives me nuts. It's horrible. If it weren't for the font, I'd choose card #1. It's brighter and the picture and phone number stand out more. But as they are, I gotta chose #4.

Team Gopher
02-11-2005, 04:05 PM
Hi 1BadHawk,

The images on all your cards are really nice. I like this background the most.

http://images2.fotopic.net/?iid=ys0pk6&outx=800&oq=0

1BadHawk
02-11-2005, 06:28 PM
Thanks you guyz, I appreciate the input and its all good input. I also realise I mispelled some words, but thats ok, their just drafts for now, ill proofread and repost when that time comes. THese were just the first few. Im gonna try and make a few with a different theme.

Lawn-Scapes: So far I havnt seen any palms in Glen Burnie, but im still looking. Found a few pink flamingos but no palm trees.

Devil: Thanks for the constructive criticism, and I agree too, that from a customers standpoint they may think Im too expensive. For that reason, I'll be going door to door, or mailbox to mailbox dropping off these cards along with a door hangar or flyer, listing some of our prices, so they'll know exactly where we stand. I agree with you though, the impression sometimes misdirects customers', but on the other hand it may also conivince them to think we are more of a profressional service vs someone with home made cards, or plain white cards with all green font.

But I definately see your point.

Thanks again everyone, all good input, and I will make necessary changes, and repost later for future imput as well.

PS: Personaly, I like the background of #3 with the font on #4.

gogetter
02-13-2005, 12:59 PM
I have a question. Are these homes typical of the homes/lawns that you'd be targeting? If so, then they are fine. The people will appreciate that you appear to do high quality work on upscale properties.

But if not, then as was already said, they will make you look too expensive. You don't want to put out cards like that in neighborhoods where the homes/lawns aren't quite that upscale.

Oh, and as far as choosing one, I'll let you know when you've narrowed it down to 3 or 4! LOL! Too many to choose from right now! :)