PDA

View Full Version : PEX Pipe for MainLine Tie In

aquamtic
02-11-2005, 03:44 PM
Just went to see a new contruction home. Plumber has run all PEX piping for water. He will also T off a PEX line and into a supported dual check na don out of the house.

Has anyone else also see this new method. The one problem I see is the loss of rigid for supporting the backlfow ( PVB) on the outside of the house

itteitj
02-13-2005, 12:19 PM
I now use a plumber to do everything up to and including the double check valve then run 1 inch supported and insulated copper to the outside control box then 1 inch sch 40 pvc. :)

YardPro
02-13-2005, 06:33 PM
ditto on have the plumber do it all.
this way they are liable for any problems

aquamtic
02-13-2005, 08:27 PM
These replies are not reliative to the question.

All Im asking is if any one ( or your plumber) has used PEX pipe in place of copper?

SodKing
02-13-2005, 08:33 PM
One house we did the plumber used PEX for most of the supply line right up to about 1 foot from where the pipe exits the house, This is where he converted to copper and supported the outside structures (blow out valve, shut off valve). The backflow was PEX on both sides, double check insde the house, but he did mount the backflow to a board with bell supports.

YardPro
02-13-2005, 10:31 PM
yes, all houses here use pex. I have a set of crimp tools in case i need to tap into an outside line ( we have installed at homes that the pipe to the house is under the concrete driveway).
plumbers here don't use any copper, and almost no pvc any more.

iowa
02-14-2005, 08:16 PM
If your asking on how to tap PEX, I used a compression tee with sucess