PDA

View Full Version : 1st logo...your thoughts?

Target Lawn Care
02-11-2005, 04:01 PM
hey everyone, me and my buddy are just getting past the planning stage of starting up our business....ive spent hour after hour reading these forums and they took my "someday ill start a business" and kicked it into gear. with that said me and my partner spent the last hour or so designing this logo....any thoughts other than the fact that management is spelled wrong?

marko
02-11-2005, 04:10 PM
It is different. I like it. I would lower the arget and go to full cross hairs so it is understandable at first glance. Dont forget phone numbers and services.

Eric 1
02-11-2005, 04:43 PM
I like it! What program did you use to create it?

PTP
02-11-2005, 04:46 PM
It looks good. But what about some customers who don't like guns? You might turn them off with that.

Target Lawn Care
02-11-2005, 05:04 PM
the program we used was adobe photoshop 7.0. after we came up with the idea it only took about 15 minutes to put together. as far as the logo being offensive...i can see your point. funny thing is the 1st picture we wanted to use was a pic of a nice lawn with a house in the background...but when we centered the pic the house ended up right in the middle of the cross hairs lol....we wanted to stay away from the common "joe's lawncare" and have something people can easily remember.

tonygreek
02-11-2005, 05:56 PM
for 4 color process printing, sure. but what about spot/flat printing (signage, shirts, hats, whatever...)? using a photographic image in a logo is not a good idea for that reason.

Target Lawn Care
02-11-2005, 06:56 PM
ya for anything other than flyers and biz cards we are just going to remove the grass in the background and leave it transparent (for truck vinyl and shirts and stuff)

Smithers
02-11-2005, 07:38 PM
It looks good. But what about some customers who don't like guns? You might turn them off with that.
ditto.....

Mykster
02-11-2005, 09:41 PM
Not a big fan of it.

MMLawn
02-11-2005, 11:08 PM
hey everyone, me and my buddy are just getting past the planning stage of starting up our business.... with that said me and my partner spent the last hour or so designing this logo....any thoughts other than the fact that management is spelled wrong?

You've got the cart way out in front of the horse as a "logo" is "feel good" business stuff. Get your priorities straight first. You NEED customers and equipment first. Heck, I've been in business over 25 years and have made hundreds of thousands of dollars and I still don't have a logo....

walker-talker
02-12-2005, 08:00 AM
for 4 color process printing, sure. but what about spot/flat printing (signage, shirts, hats, whatever...)? using a photographic image in a logo is not a good idea for that reason.
You could use this logo on some items and then another, but similar one for other print jobs. Tony is right, you are going to get killed on print jobs...especially the ones like truck signs and yard signs....high dollar. Most cross hairs on a scope of centered. I know you intend for it to look like the letter "T", but it doesn't. At first glance I thought the name of your business was Arget. I do like the name Target, the idea and concept of the logo.

Target Lawn Care
02-12-2005, 10:44 AM
You've got the cart way out in front of the horse as a "logo" is "feel good" business stuff. Get your priorities straight first. You NEED customers and equipment first. Heck, I've been in business over 25 years and have made hundreds of thousands of dollars and I still don't have a logo....

i understand what you mean... but my train of thought was to have the logo on flyers that will be handed out to potential customers. we already have a handful of customers but we havent done any advertising yet. im not going to go out and buy equipment until i have an idea of how many weekly's we have, and the size of lawns we will be mowing. i dont see how designing my own logo is doing something out of order....it was in my free time on a day that it was snowing

as far as the cost of printing goes, i have the material to do all my own printing so the only cost involved is paper and ink.

timturf
02-12-2005, 11:40 AM
You could use this logo on some items and then another, but similar one for other print jobs. Tony is right, you are going to get killed on print jobs...especially the ones like truck signs and yard signs....high dollar. Most cross hairs on a scope of centered. I know you intend for it to look like the letter "T", but it doesn't. At first glance I thought the name of your business was Arget. I do like the name Target, the idea and concept of the logo.

Was my impression too