PDA

View Full Version : Customer that got what he desirved

double e
02-01-2001, 03:05 PM
I have a dump truck and do some minor hauling every now and then. My mom owns a realestate firm, and gets me quite a bit of hauling from houses on the market.

She reffered me to a customer tht wanted some hauling- it had to be done the next day for settlement. I went there and it was a load (about $45 to dump) I told them $70 for labor and $50 to haul away. $130 for the job. (I have to drive 35 minutes one way to dump!)
The lady was outraged with the price, and I wouldn't lower my price and left. She started to load the junk in her U-Haul truck.

To make a long story short I got a call from a park ranger, he found a load of trash someone dumped on the beach. He found the address in the junk, and called my mom. She told him to call me. It was the lady! I'm going there tommorow to identify the trash.

Come to find out her husbands a priest! Instead of paying $130 to dump, she's looking at a min. of $500 for illeagal dumping.

Groundcover Solutions
02-01-2001, 03:21 PM
That is crazy that she would even just dump it in a park what was she thinking. I would tell a story like that but i don't have one so i will not. LOL

DMC300
02-01-2001, 03:48 PM
LOL...I love it.

Vandora Lawn & Landscape
02-01-2001, 04:01 PM
*shakes head in disgust*

SJR Lawncare
02-01-2001, 04:12 PM
Unbelievable,What an IDIOT.

SJR

mowerconsultant
02-01-2001, 04:31 PM
why do you feel the need to pick on my mom ??
lol.....
what an idiot !!!!

Currier
02-01-2001, 04:31 PM
See if you can be the one that gets paid to clean up and haul away the trash from her illegal dump and jump the price 2 or 3 times your original bid. What the heck...some lessons can be learned again and again:)

bob
02-01-2001, 04:33 PM
I have a simular story. There is over 100 acres of woods and fields behind my house. A couple of years ago someone had dumped a big pile of construction debris in the field. I found a name on one of the boxes and called the people up. They were home owners that payed a contractor to redo their kitchen. She notified the contractor and everything was picked up the next day. She told me the contractor had originally charged $400 to the price of the job for dumping fees.

powerreel
02-01-2001, 04:43 PM
Maybe she was bankrupt?

awm
02-01-2001, 05:01 PM
It takes all kinds,whew!!!

rats5656
02-01-2001, 05:05 PM
that a funny story very good to hear how stupid people are these days .

powerreel
02-01-2001, 05:27 PM
How come the park ranger called a realtor? wouldn't he just call the owner? do people selling a house throw out new Docs? Funny story but...

TLS
02-01-2001, 05:41 PM
Her husbands a Priest? Somethings wrong there! Never met a married Priest! Just be lucky she doesn't blame you for dumping it there, your the one with the dumptruck, and you have been seen at the property with the dumptruck. Be careful!

mdb landscaping
02-01-2001, 05:43 PM
i have a story too. my dads friend owns a gas station. he has two dumpsters, one for cardboard and the other for trash. one day, he came in to find the dumpsters overflowing with cardboard and trash. he searched through the trash and found an address on a box. it was right near his place, so he loaded every last piece of trash onto his truck and went to the guys house. he unloaded the trash all over the front lawn. the guy came out and looked suprised and my dads friend just waved.

double e
02-01-2001, 06:02 PM
Powereel- The reason He called my mom is he found their address on the trash, went to the house. But the new people where moving in, so they told him to call the realtor.

lawman
02-01-2001, 06:41 PM
All I can say to this is "I love it" That story turned my bad day in to a good one. Thanks for the story.

powerreel
02-01-2001, 07:04 PM
:p gottcha! great story you should post her photo on LS! :p

dan35
02-01-2001, 07:19 PM
Crazy Lady !!!!

65hoss
02-01-2001, 07:32 PM
The intelligence of some people.

cos
02-01-2001, 11:26 PM
Similar story to mdb,

My dad owned a contracting business and rented a place on a busy blvd. He had a dumpster out front and paid monthly to have it emptied weekly. He had been finding trash in it that wasn't produced by his business. There were garages out back from this main one that my dad rented. We wen't through the trash and found a couple envelopes with addresses on them. The house was four blocks away. My brother threw all the bags on the front lawn and made sure that there was a slight tear before throwing them (HELL OF A MESS). This same jerk that was putting trash in our dumpster rented a garage out back and had the balls to get mail sent to our address without asking. All the mail was refused and sent back, no matter how important. We didn't even know this guy.

The nerve of people. Makes you wonder what they are thinking.

yardsmith
02-02-2001, 12:16 AM
Currier-RIGHT ON!

bobbygedd
02-02-2001, 01:00 AM
HOW COME WE R ALWAYS EXPECTED TO LOWER OUR PRICES? I USE SERVICES LIKE PLUMBERS, ROOFERS, ETC, THEY R NOT ABOUT TO BARGAIN WITH ME, IF I WANT IT DONE, ITS THIS MUCH PERIOD!SAW A FUNNY THING ABOUT A WEEK AGO, A GUY WITH A TOW TRUCK HAD A BIG SIGN ON THE FRONT IT READ:IF U R BROKE DOWN, U need ME, EXPECT NO PITTY!

Gtotoy
02-05-2001, 06:36 PM
Too funny!

LJ lawn
02-05-2001, 09:33 PM
one "t" in pity there Bob. expect none here.if you want a charity service go call someone else.

MJ
02-06-2001, 04:15 AM
That tow truck driver will be the first one to expect pity when things are going wrong for him and he'd expect someone to help out his wife when she's broke down. I see it again and again. They just don't understand why they don't get a break. Not saying you should fall for every sob story that comes along, but usually you can tell when someone really just needs a hand.

Mick

bobbygedd
02-06-2001, 04:47 AM
MJ, I TOTALLY AGREE, I DO MORE THAN MY SHARE OF HELPING PEOPLE(oopps, sorry for the caps) i do seniors very cheap, and had a guy dying of cancer, did him free for a year. u r right, there r people who need help, and im glad to help, then there r people who try to take advantage. unlike L.J. SERVICES, rumor has it, a little old lady couldnt pay her bill, and he took her cat and kept it till she paid.

russman
02-06-2001, 08:42 AM
It just goes to show you you get what you pay for and now she will be paying three times as much as she could have paid you