PDA

View Full Version : Specialty business

illday
02-12-2005, 10:23 AM
Does anyone here have a specialty business where they concentrate on one
kind of service??? For 2 years now I have been a full service landscape company and I have found that my highest profit margin has been shrubtrimming.Because of my regular cuts I've turned down ALOT of shrub jobs. I am a one man operation and prefer it that way.
Does it sound feesable to give up the security of weekly cuts to do shrubs.
I would still offer spring and fall cleanups to get me through those months.

If I do continue to offer weekly cutting I am going to have to invest in a new
walk-behind.

DiscoveryLawn
02-12-2005, 05:58 PM
There is a local company that only does aerations. From what I hear, he is doing very well.

I only do applications to lawns, trees and shrubs. I prefer specializing in just these areas. When I was into full service lawn and landscape maintenance I found it very difficult to maximize my profits (not that I have figured that out now either :rolleyes: )

David

Groundcover Solutions
02-12-2005, 07:27 PM
I would not go full into it right off the bat. I would cut back on your lawn services and just push the shrub/tree trimming part. Make up flyers that are just for that service. but don't loose all your lawn accounts, just so you have something to fall back on.

mtdman
02-12-2005, 07:41 PM
Too bad you don't live around here, I'd sub out my shrub work to you. I dislike doing that stuff.

:D

yamadooski
02-12-2005, 10:32 PM
Too bad you don't live around here, I'd sub out my shrub work to you. I dislike doing that stuff.

:D
Well make sure you stay in Mi then. Down here a well manicured yard I trim all my landscaping every 2 weeks. There are also some jasmine shrubs I trim every week cause they grow 6 inches a week.