PDA

View Full Version : Got truck tinted

lawncare3
02-12-2005, 07:35 PM
Well after finally gettin the $ together I was able to afford the too front winders. :) :) :rolleyes:

lawncare3
02-12-2005, 07:36 PM
Truck pic #2............................

lawncare3
02-12-2005, 07:37 PM
Pic # 3 ...........................

lawncare3
02-12-2005, 07:39 PM
Lst one for now........................

Gilla Gorilla
02-12-2005, 07:40 PM
Hey man I like the name of your Business, nice and catchy. Truck looks good also.

lawncare3
02-12-2005, 07:48 PM
Thanks a lot. I really have to thank a member on (sorry forgot name) for giving me that name. It was a joke but it turned out to be the best business decicion. :)

yamadooski
02-12-2005, 10:24 PM
I could care less about the window tinting.. :rolleyes:
But the name of your business caught my eye right away..nice name.

gogetter
02-13-2005, 09:27 AM
I could care less about the window tinting.. :rolleyes:

Then why in the world would you click on the thread to read it!??!?! Makes no sense! :rolleyes: :dizzy:

Anyway, the windows look great against the black. Do you have laws in your area that will present a problem? I had tint on my last truck, got a ticket for it.

lawncare3
02-13-2005, 04:01 PM
I got th front ones done with 20% That's a little too dark but it's what most use . The back is where I could get in trouble. It has 5%

cmillionaire
02-13-2005, 09:38 PM
I have a Nissan with 5% all the way around including the windshield, got it done for $160. I'll have to take some pics and post. I agree tint looks good against the black. My Nissan is brown, so the tint looks twice as dark. :cool2:

Tvov
02-13-2005, 09:45 PM
Isn't it usually just the driver's side window and windshield that you have to be concerned with how much tint?

Lawnworks
02-14-2005, 10:38 AM
Nice truck. Is it cummins or hemi powered? In GA there are no tint laws this year, but last year the back could be as dark as you wanted it to be.

Eric 1
02-14-2005, 07:19 PM
Lawnworks, It is a Hemi. are you from GA?

I like the tint, the black on black looks nice, then the yellow letters jump right out at you. NICE TRUCK!

lawncare3
02-14-2005, 07:45 PM
Isn't it usually just the driver's side window and windshield that you have to be concerned with how much tint?

It's 20 in front and 5 in back

Lawnworks
02-14-2005, 11:41 PM
Yeah I am from GA. On my work trucks, I have 5% on sides and back and 18% on the entire windshield. Gotta love the tint laws right now.

yamadooski
02-14-2005, 11:43 PM
Then why in the world would you click on the thread to read it!??!?! Makes no sense! :rolleyes: :dizzy:

Anyway, the windows look great against the black. Do you have laws in your area that will present a problem? I had tint on my last truck, got a ticket for it.
Because I wanted to compliment him on his outstanding business name.
GEEEEZ some ppl are way to serious.

RedWingsDet
02-15-2005, 12:08 AM
Awesome truck... I have tint on my trucks, and pretty dark tint on my dakota, But let me ask you.... How the heck do you back your trailer up at night with that dark back tint? Or are you done before it gets dark when you work. Anyway, your truck looks great, I love the color and tint. Im Jealous!

lawncare3
02-15-2005, 01:07 AM
Awesome truck... I have tint on my trucks, and pretty dark tint on my dakota, But let me ask you.... How the heck do you back your trailer up at night with that dark back tint? Or are you done before it gets dark when you work. Anyway, your truck looks great, I love the color and tint. Im Jealous!

I will NEVER back up at night AGAIN. I already destroyed 3 vehicled doing that without tint. I cause about $700 in damages. It can park in the street from night time. :mad:

But the hoa keeps sendin letters from a lawer :mad:

Oh well screw em

rotflmao

Groundcover Solutions
02-15-2005, 01:16 AM
I know here in michigan you can't tint your front windows (drivers side nor passenger side) You can usualy get away with it but when you do get cought it is a pretty good fine. There is a loop hole though, if you get a written note/perscription from your optomatrist it is perfictly legal

lawncare3
02-15-2005, 01:43 AM
That's a stupid law.

Anthony-MB
02-15-2005, 01:47 AM
tinted windows .. when nature calls.. your business is secure behind tinted windows :rolleyes:

lawncare3
02-15-2005, 01:53 AM
tinted windows .. when nature calls.. your business is secure behind tinted windows :rolleyes:

I actually did that at a job today. Hehe

green814
02-15-2005, 10:43 AM
I know here in michigan you can't tint your front windows (drivers side nor passenger side) You can usualy get away with it but when you do get cought it is a pretty good fine. There is a loop hole though, if you get a written note/perscription from your optomatrist it is perfictly legal
A note from your M.D. also works. Even with the note the tint is not supposed to be darker than 35%. But you can also tint your windshield if you have a note as well.
As far as backing up the trailer, if it's not raining I open my windows(2000 Chevy 1500 EC/SB w/ topper, 20% tint on sides & back truck window). I also have amber clearance lights on the front edge of the trailer fenders that allows me to see where the trailer is.
Chris

RedWingsDet
02-15-2005, 10:44 AM

But.... If you know a cop in Mi, they can write the ticket off. You can get a tint ticket in one city, and if you know a Mi cop from a different city, they can sign of on it.

When I got my tint ticket, the officer was cool about it, He knew I was nervous because I kept studdering and everything, lol. Plus I explained to him how the tint was on when I bought the car, and he knew it because it was a tad bit fadded. Anyway, he wrote me a ticket for "Defective Equipment", its $85, but if I take it off its only $5. I got it on like january 26, I dont have to pay for it until march 28th, I plan to have the truck sold by then so maybe it'd be $5 then.