PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on 2004 F250

Fishin LCO
02-12-2005, 08:48 PM
I am considering buy a 2004 F250 Crew Cab SWB FX4 V8 Gas $31500. Does any one have one of these trucks and how do you like it. All opinions and thoughts appreciated. Please no gas vs. diseal. Thanks.

CC

RedWingsDet
02-12-2005, 08:58 PM
My real good freinds dad has an 04 xlt extended cab gasser. He likes it, its his second one, he traded in his 99 for it. He let me take it plowing a few weeks ago and its AWESOME. I say go for it. He also owns a construction co. so he does put it to work. Its a real nice truck and a work horse. I'd say get it. However, you might be able to get an 05 for a few grand more depending on options. Also, if you do look at 05's, dont pay attention to sticker prices because dealers usually have lots of rebates they can give you, plus they can come down alot on the sticker price. Just some heads up, because IMO, I think an 05 would be better plus you'd have a longer warrantee. Anyway, the 04 is great, and he seems to like it, he puts it to work and no probs, and when I had my chance to drive his, it was awesome. So if you have your heart set on an 04, go ahead and get it :) Cant go wrong either way with an 04 or 05 , both are great trucks, IMO. Just a heads up, some people might turn this into a gm vs. dodge vs ford vs whos better thread, like alot of other threads, but IMO, they all have thier problems. Anyway, good luck. Hopefully this helped you some, if not, hopefully it helped someone else :) Have a good one! Cheers :drinkup:

Fishin LCO
02-12-2005, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the thoughts, I will be getting a price for an 05 just to compare.

greengrass2003
02-12-2005, 10:02 PM
Why not take a look at this?

http://www.fordtrucks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=340483

I know it is a little far away, but it is a fantastic deal. You could fly up and drive home and still be dollars ahead.

HayBay
02-13-2005, 06:03 AM
When I was looking for a truck I wanted one a few years old thinking I would save money. I went to compare prices and quickly realized that a 2 year old truck was $2000 dollars cheaper than a brand new one once I got the quote. The new one was discounted with all kinds of rebates as well they offered low financing for the new one, not the used one. I also got 3 year warranty for parts and labour, with an option to buy 4 more years. I wanted the 2005 F250 but I ended up with the 2005 GMC 2500HD.
Great truck no complaints here.

Good luck.

Fishin LCO
02-13-2005, 12:49 PM
Greengrass that is a heck of a deal, but I am really set on a crew cab. Does anybody know the mileage I can expect on that truck? Thanks

nitrotim
02-14-2005, 03:16 PM
Greengrass that is a heck of a deal, but I am really set on a crew cab. Does anybody know the mileage I can expect on that truck? Thanks

The only thing I wouldn't get is the short box. I am still kicking myself about that. Definately long bed next truck I get.