PDA

View Full Version : edging

awm
02-01-2001, 05:54 PM
I know the use of a regular 3 wheeled edger.
CAN THE STICKS AND TRIMMER TYPE EDGERS DO AS CLEAN
OF WORK.

Green Acres
02-01-2001, 06:00 PM
I havn't used a 3 wheel edger before. But, I do have a Sthil stick edger and it seems to do fine. Most of my accounts have never been edged before so I use my stick edger the first time then just use the trimmer.

smburgess
02-01-2001, 06:03 PM
I totally agree with Green Acres, only I use Shindawa products.

TJLC
02-01-2001, 06:36 PM
Iv'e heard that you should use a wheel edger to edge if it has not been done before, that a stick might not be strong enough. I have found that the stick works fine. Just make sure you get one with enough power.

lawman
02-01-2001, 06:38 PM
on the over grown accounts I use a 3 wheel edger and then a stick edger just to keep up the find line. Its a great way to go.

awm
02-01-2001, 06:53 PM
Thanks much just about what i thought.
thanks for your time.

Guido
02-01-2001, 07:02 PM
We had some yards that were 4-6" off the public sidewalk and at the bottom of the slope needed to be edged. A lot of times the sidewalk were either deteriorated or nowhere near uniform themselves, so the walk behind 3 wheeled edger was great because it was no problem to push the straight shot after raising the blade a little bit. Most of the new stick edgers are pretty high powered and you should have no problem pushing through most stuff now so you would be okay if going that route. They're both nice to have. I wouldn't tell someone with a stick edger to go buy a walkbehind, but I would definetly recommend a stick edger to a walkbehind user, its a good upgrade and now they're covered for any conditions.

Good Luck in your decession!

DMC300
02-01-2001, 08:50 PM
I have both and the stick edger is the only one that gets used.I have to recommend the shindiawa's,they are a great product.

Acute Cut
02-01-2001, 09:41 PM
I am with DMC300. I have (had) both. I sold the three wheeler as soon as i could afford a stick. The stick i have is NOT powerful enough on heavy overgrown areas. I mean the areas that the dirt and grass have overgrown the sidewalk 8 inches to a foot.

But, on the other hand, my belt drive edger slipped and was ineffective in that area as well.

The stick edger is much faster. I know there are those who would disagree, but i have done this for 7 years now. I personally can edge AT LEAST twice as fast with my stick.

Every 90 degree turn takes a half ssecond vs 3-7 seconds.

The space a 3 wheeler taks on the trailer bed, vs a stick on the wall is important to me as well because my trailer is already too full.

hope i helped
Acute Cut