PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi T 50 trimmer?????

AB Lawn Care
02-01-2001, 06:04 PM
I have an old Mitsubishi T 50 commercial trimmer.It was used by my brother and has sat in the basment for the last 3-4 years now.I don't plan on using it as a trimmer anymore.I may though have a use for the engine.My question is,has anyone used one of these or similar Mitsubishi commercial trimmers???Does anyone know where to find engine parts for it????I need things like gaskets,carb kits,clutches ect.Any help would be great!!!!I could really use any info on this machine!!Thanks guys!

bob
02-01-2001, 10:31 PM
I had know idea that Mitsubishi made trimmers.

mowerconsultant
02-01-2001, 11:04 PM
mitsubishi engines were almost exclusively used by maryuama
you may wanna check with your maryuama dealer.

AB Lawn Care
02-01-2001, 11:15 PM
Well on the back of the trimmer is says in large letters Mitsubishi T 50.But there is 1 other name on it.On the saft there is a 5-6" long sticker which says E-Z Trim.Has there been a trimmer company called that????Any ideas?I can tell you this it has held up way better than anything else I have seen.It has about 10 years of trimming under its belt!!!!!That proves its not crap!

AB Lawn Care
02-02-2001, 02:58 PM
Well if no one knows anything about this trimmmer maby you could answer this.The trimmer still runs good but only for a while.It is a little hard to start.It will run fine when you get it going,but once it heats up it can hardly run.Now I'm thinking that this may be carb problems??????Could it be running to lean???rich???Any ideas would be a great help!!!

JeffC
02-02-2001, 11:21 PM
check with a John Deere dealer they used to use Mitsubishi engine on some of thier larger trimmer

JeffC
02-02-2001, 11:25 PM
check the muffler it may to all clogged up 2 strokes are bad about that

AB Lawn Care
02-03-2001, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the info Jeff!Anyone else have any input??