PDA

View Full Version : Trailer size

suprman9019er
02-13-2005, 01:04 AM
what size of trailer am i going to need to fit 36" wb, trimmer, blower, and maybe a 21" wb in???????????

LLandscaping
02-13-2005, 01:09 AM
We started out with a 5X10 to carry a 37in walkbehind and 2 21's. It was a little small, I would suggest a 6X12 tandem axle because you will probably be adding more equipment. The 6X12 will give you extra room to haul grass, debris, etc.

DeereHauler
02-13-2005, 01:22 AM
well, i have a JD mid z with a 54" deck, and sometimes i add a garden tractor, and now i will also have a 48" WB along with the rider. my equipment is all on racks, so they are out of the way. i have a 6x12, single axle (2000lb) also have an atv gate on the side, 4'. so my rider is 1100lbs alone, so if i wanna get any more equipment than what i have, i need a bigger trailer.

rather than a 5x10 to start, if you can afford start out with a 6x12, then when you get more stuff you have somehwere to put it. if you have to start somehwhere, give youself a little room for expansion, within your budget.

LB1234
02-13-2005, 12:44 PM
When you say 'in' do you mean enclosed trailer or open trailer? IMO, you can fit more into an enclosed trailer b/c of the walls and ceiling...others may disagree.

You probably only 'need' a 6x10 trailer. However, take a look at your business plan. What does it call for? Two years from now are you planning on replacing your current mower, adding another and keeping the original? If so, as others have already said, buy bigger than you need to accommodate the new piece of equipment. Of course this is all dependent on your budget this year.

Also, don't just look into size the size of your trailer. Look for electric brakes, axle capacities, etc. Just because you can 'fit' everything onto the trailer does mean you can legally or, more importantly, SAFELY transport the equipment.

K&L Landscaping
02-13-2005, 08:01 PM
Buy the largest trailer you can afford and what your tow vehicle will handle. You think a 5x10 is big enough now but you will find out real quick that it is way too small. TRUST ME, I have been where you are, get the biggest you can.